lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Club car ds F/R switch is hard to turn, what does it need to done to fix it?

My forward reverse switch is hard to turn, does anyone know where it needs adjusting at to get it easier to turn?
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
Briar
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car ds F/R switch is hard to turn, what does it need to done to fix it?

I am a newbie so take what I say with a grain of salt.....

A stiff shifter could be a bad cable or something in the trans. A quick check would be to pop the cable loose from the "ball pivot" at the trans and see if it still moves hard. Then check the trans lever and see if it shifts hard.
Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club car ds F/R switch is hard to turn, what does it need to done to fix it?

Good idea, I'll check it at the motor and then look at each linkage .
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
Pb00
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If it's not hard to move with cable off, probably the cable. I had this problem and took cable off and soaked with pb blaster. I set cable upright so the oil would soak down into cable housing. I just kept adding and adding till oil came out of the bottom. Worked it by hand a couple times and that lossened it right up. Hope this helps.
Pb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I did the same as PB00 did and it worked for me too. I let mine soak down through overnight a couple years ago. But my cable is getting stiff again so I may be due for another application.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car