lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
ToddB12767
Not Yet Wild

Default DS Gas Club Car not getting fuel

I have a 91 Gas Club Car that is not getting fuel. All my lines are clear and the fuel pump is clean. When l connect a gas line to the fuel pump and submerge it into the gas tank and crank the engine the gas line appears to be blowing air not sucking gas since air bubbles in the tank from the submerged gas line in the tank vs. Sucking. All my lines that run from the fuel pump are clear. Advice would be most appreciated.
ToddB12767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: DS Gas Club Car not getting fuel

Check your arrows on the pump and make sure your connections are right.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
ToddB12767
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for responding. Yes I have double checked the arrows on the fuel pump and they are correct. I also disconnected the line that runs to the engine crankcase at the crankcase and it is blowing air instead of sucking it. Is that right? Also do you think I need a new fuel pump as no matter were I disconnect it seems to be blowing not sucking air.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
Briar
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Double check the fuel pump hose going from the fuel pump to the crank case.
If it is not clogged, cracked or have a hole in it, invest $15 into a new fuel pump
Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The hose from the crankcase is a pulse hose so it will have suction as well as blow air. It sounds like the diaphragm in the pump may be bad.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
ToddB12767
Not Yet Wild

Okay I replaced the fuel pump on my DS Club Car. I bought it from a small engine shop and was told it was a universal replacement. I hooked it up as instructed and am still having fuel issues. It is still not pulling fuel to the carb/motor. I'm stumped. Could I have a vapor lock problem? Tanks for the advice thus far and any additional thoughts be appreciated.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #7
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

Put the old pump on. Hook it up. Turn the motor over with the fuel line to the carb disconnected. If fuel squirts out its good other wise its bad.

Fuel pumps do pump at different volumes so a small engine one probably wouldnt work IMO ex, a yamaha fuel pump wont work on a club car even if hooked up correctly; it wont pump fuel.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel vacuum
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car