lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Need help with looking at a G29

Going to look at a G29 and need some "what to look for" help. EZGo I got, don't know much about the Yamaha. It is YDREX2 2012 with original batteries so one issue but the rest looks clean from the pics.. New rear flip and set of led heads and tails.

Thanks in advance.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help with looking at a G29

If its a fleet cart, keep an eye on the front suspension & steering (who knows how big a rock it found in its previous life). If there is any squeeky brakes, or odd feeling in brakes as the cart comes to a stop, pass on the deal (brakes are big $$$). When replacing batteries, go with 8v or 6v. 8v fits in 12v tray very easy (only drill 2 new holes for hold-down rods. Consider replacing the controller for more speed if its not already PTV 19 mph. Do not do high speed gears with stock controller (it sucks).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Already has 6 8 volts but I will definitely test drive. Trying to get in touch with the guy now.

Was going to build a custom txt for my sister and mother but the price on this one is too good to pass on IF he has any left..

Either way expect a custom build coming in the electric EZGo section soon. Either a slightly lifted new body txt with the terrain cowl or a camo terrain 250. Got parts to do either.

Thanks cg..
Old 12-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I own a 2012 YDRE and I really like it. I have the high speed gears and the lights for street use. My batteries are on their last legs now - about to convert the cart to Lithium.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Going in the am to look at what he has. Probably will buy one but we will see.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I pulled the trigger. Cart I picked is extremely clean. Drove it around a good bit and everything works like expected. Only problem I found was after I loaded it on the trailer. Front bumper was loose. No biggy. Got it home and figured out it was loose because one of the mounting bolts to the frame was sheared. Hmmm... Front end collision maybe? Was able to back it out and get a new one that fit. Center bracket holding the cowl appeared bent. Frame rails looked fine. Bent the center bracket back straight and all looks good. Not finished putting it back together but don't see a problem. On the charger now and will check it in the am. Attached a pic of one of the ones available. No headlights yet but came with new set of LEDs. Batteries were at 49.4 before I hooked up the charger. What y'all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

These are great carts. The problem with Fleet carts is that they could have been abused. I have seen lots of bad things done to carts on the golf course. Everyone here owns their cart so they take good care of them but fleet carts are like rental cars. Sounds like you got one that is in reasonable condition assuming that the frame is straight. Bent bumper mounts are not a big deal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Gave it a quick once over when I got it home and frame looked good. Didn't see anything obvious anyway. Front center mount was obvious. Crowbar and some love taps with a baby sledge fixed that. I will give it a better look in the am but price was definitely good. Tempted to go get another one cuz there were 5 left
Old 12-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #9
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

What does a fleet car like this run? Thinking of picking one up for my parents...
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I keep waiting on the police to show up but stole this one for $2400.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha