lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
JayJacobs77
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 blowing key switch fuse

I have a 1998 G16 48volt Yamaha that blows the in line fuse from the charger receptacle to the key switch. every time the key is turned to the on position I have checked for shorted wires. while tracing wires I noticed the brown wire on the back side of the key switch is not hooked up I'm assuming because there is an aftermarket controller in the machine and there is no place to connect it. making this a little more confusing. the cart has been siting for a couple years and was supposed to be in running order when parked. I installed a new battery set and now have this issue. thanks
JayJacobs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
Heisenberg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g16 blowing key switch fuse

See attached wiring diagram. I'm pretty sure the G16 was 36 volt in 1998.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha-wiring-diagram-G16E.pdf (204.7 KB, 0 views)
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
JayJacobs77
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g16 blowing key switch fuse

thank you. that is exactly what the problem is a 36v system don't like 48v hopefully no other damage occurred while making this stupid mistake we will find out shortly. thanks again sometimes your looking so hard for a problem that you over look the very obvious.
JayJacobs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha