lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017, 10:59 AM   #31
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G19 REBUILD-Converting into a Hunting Buggy (Lots of PICS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosborne View Post
Did you sell the controller and solenoid yet?I might be interested if you do sell them my cart needs them and dont have the funds for new .Thanks Oz
Private message sent.
Chris Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #32
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

NEW UPDATE on STAR WARS DAY!

This past week we finally had a warm sunny day here in Missouri after all the flooding. I was able to work on the project a bit more.

My seat covers are in (saving that pic until the end), however I did take out the boards and coated them with flex seal to help them last a little longer. One of the old boards for the back seat had rotted out.

I cannot express to you how much I have been impressed with RUST-OLEUM Truck Bed Spray on plastic. I decided to use this to paint the entire underside of my plastic body. I had prepped, sanded, cleaned, etc and used Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter.

You will see some black spray painted around the outside of the body too. I had planned on switching from the Al's Bedliner spray to Herculiner so I wanted to spray some of the areas where the seat goes, kick plate, rear motor access and rear bagwell just in the Rust-Oleum. Its now been a few days and I went out and tested the Rust-Oleum and I am telling you I am so impressed, considering doing the entire cart now with it.

Here are some pics..

Forecast is calling for more sunshine this weekend.. I should get the entire body painted and reassembly will begin soon.

On another note... found a 20" LED Light at the Bass Pro Outlet for $40.00 so now I am going to be installing this too on the rear and using the small 4 Bulb LED as side Scene Lights.. you will see soon. :)

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

Chris
Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #33
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

CHANGE OF PLANS AGAIN!

So the body is something I have been very worried about because I am not skilled at all in doing something like this. Originally I looked into Vinyl Wraps and then changed my mind. Looked into Hydrographics and this was not for me. Thought about hiring a person to paint it, well that was not going to work either plus I wanted to be the one to do the job.

So, the idea of BEDLINER came into my head. I wanted a GRAY bed liner so I purchased Al's Bedliner... then I find out it will not work on plastic very well.

Then... I have been so impressed with Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Spray I thought about that.. so today. I did it (of course, I first cleaned, prep, Adhesion Promoter, etc first). Well, guess what. My sanding job was not up to par and it did not look very well and was hard to cover up the rough spots. So... I opened a can of Herculiner and went to town. Having the Rust-Oleum product on first really made it easy and I opted for a lighter coat so it would be less gritty. So far it has turned out great. I know HERCULINER has a tendency to be a little flatter. I am considering painting gloss black in a day or two after it gets good and hard.

Here a few pics.. more to come.!

PICTURE OF RUST-OLEUM only... see the sanding marks??

Now with Herculiner

This picture shows me just leaving the Rust-Oleum product in spots where things fit like the rear motor access, bagwell and of course seat.

Coming soon... new Vinyl Seat Covers! They look good!

Thanks for looking,
Chris
Old 05-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #34
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well.. its finished. I have not posted in a while so time to get you caught up.

HERCULINER TURNED OUT GREAT! I called the manufacturer to talk about ways to protect the finish and possibly keep it from going to FLAT BLACK. He said polyurethane spray. Easy enough. I chose GLOSS and it looks great. Here it is starting to go back together. Also, you can see the seat covers I got from KOOL KUSHIONS. They turned out very nice.

ok.. lots of wires.

I had decided to add fender flares... not going to lie, was not happy with them at all. Partly because of the lift kit and tires and partly because just ugly going all the way down below the rocker panels. So I decided to cut them.

Here they are cut

So... I was not liking the looks of the front of my cart.. just needed something below the custom front rack. So I took the old G19 bumper, took off the brackets, built my own and mounted it to the front to where the A-Arms Mount to the lift kit.

I then used HERCULINER on the front bumper. Turned out great!

More to come..
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #35
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So.. after I installed the fender flares I was not happy about the position nor the look. So I did a tremendous amount of research about wheel spacers and if this would be a good idea for my cart. First.. I wanted to help stabilize the ride a little plus give me a little more beefy look. So.. after reading so many threads on this site I chose SUMMIT PERFORMANCE 2" wheel spacers and I have to admit, I am very pleased.

I could end up replacing wheel bearings at some point but the reward of how the cart looks and performs is worth it.

BEFORE

AFTER

Now the wheel fender flares look good and the ride is better.

REVERSE BUZZER GONE and NEW LED LIGHT

I tried installing a 12v LED light so when I am in reverse it acts an indicator. It burned out.. so I searched and searched and this (CLICK HERE) is the only 48v indicator I could find. Had to order 10 of them. At least they were not too expensive. I love it.. works great. Its bigger, had to locate it above steering column.

I decided for more of a look than use to install grab handles. I found these on Amazon too..
CLICK HERE

I decided I really wanted the rearview mirror as high as I could get it... so I created a couple of brackets. Turned out very nice.

On the rear cargo I wanted a couple of brackets to strap in a cooler or someting and not have to run it down to the frame. So created those..

The inexpensive barbell pads worked great for arm rests and my daughter really appreciated them. CLICK HERE

As shown in previous threads I had custom treadplate made for my cart. Well.. I decided I wanted a little bit more. I found this and LOVE IT! Gives me just a little more protection and yet conserves the look.

More to come..
Old 05-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #36
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

LED LIGHT BARS

First.. I love these things. I am so glad I installed front, sides and rears. I used relays on the two big ones and heavier amp switches on the sides.

I did install them directly into the roof. To give them more support I created additional brackets to install. Just beefed up the support a little.

REAR LED

FRONT LED

SIDE LED

Using the Grizzly Metalworks front bumper and basket, I opted for the basket where the windshield can still sit flush correctly. I had to use my dremel tool to carefully notch out a little of the windshield to get it to fit correctly. Really no big deal at all.

Ok... so after I got everything installed my D1 T-875 were just not enough. Running the cart, the voltage was dropping to 33volts... so new Trojans T-875's. On a positive note I already had the automatic watering system caps so I bought the snake and hand pump and it is slick... I highly recommend this system. CLICK HERE

I cannot thank DON PLOWMAN enough... this guy has been a game changer and cart saver. You will see a full review on him coming up soon as well.

Ok guys.. next post I will show you all the final pics! However, it will be in MEMBERS RIDES Category.

Hope you enjoyed all the details of the build. I have really enjoyed it and glad its almost done. I do have a couple more things to do but I do get to enjoy it this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Chris
Old 06-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #37
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosborne View Post
Did you sell the controller and solenoid yet?I might be interested if you do sell them my cart needs them and dont have the funds for new .Thanks Oz
No I have not.. you interested?
Old 06-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #38
Jhusks702
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You have inspired me. Parts on order for my G16 upgrade. Going to reach out to Don for the motor options. Thanks for posting all of this information and pictures!!!
Jhusks702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #39
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhusks702 View Post
You have inspired me. Parts on order for my G16 upgrade. Going to reach out to Don for the motor options. Thanks for posting all of this information and pictures!!!
great.. did you follow the link to the final pictures?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha