lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #1
tclements
Not Yet Wild

Default Costco vs sams

I have been comparing batteries and trying to decide what batteries to get. I am also trying to save some money because money is tight right now. Which of the interstate or Duracell batteries sold at those two stores are better? They are only $7 dollar difference in price. I know Trojans are better but they are a lot more also. The golf cart dealer nearby has his 8v for $130. These are $99.99 and $106.99. I am switching from 4 12 volt to 6 8volt. The 12 volt were $185.
tclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2018, 06:43 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Costco vs sams

The Duracell’s from Sams have always been good for me. I’m sure some would disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
tclements
Not Yet Wild

how long have they lasted for you?
tclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a cart with a set that was three years old and they were still fine.

Of course I also had a cart with a set of Trojans that were eight years old and they were fine too…

I think you get what you pay for, but the Duracell has a pretty good value. They are especially good if you are planning on selling the cart and want to advertise it with good/new batteries.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have 8 6v from Costco in my 48v Medalist that I bought in 2012, they have been maintained with a DPI charger since new and are still working well. I also bought 6 6v last summer from Costco for my 99 DS and am happy with them also. YMMV
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

its all about the amp hour , the more amp hours the more lead , the more lead better the battery, better the battery better the run time .

Duracell may do the job for what you are asking of them . Some people run there carts a few miles a week and the duracell is fine . Some run them 10+ miles a day everyday and need a better batteries.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
woo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Are the duracells made by Deka and what is the AH rating on both of them... I was looking at the Autocraft which used to be carquest with a AH rating of 128 @ 56 amps.. but I think the CARQUEST/Autocraft are made by Johnson Controls... These look alot like the the US batteries..
woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had good luck with the Duracells from sams lasted me almost six years in my 03 DS. Maintain them well and they are a good battery.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #9
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo View Post
Are the duracells made by Deka and what is the AH rating on both of them... I was looking at the Autocraft which used to be carquest with a AH rating of 128 @ 56 amps.. but I think the CARQUEST/Autocraft are made by Johnson Controls... These look alot like the the US batteries..

Yes the Duracell’s are made by Deka. They actually have the East Penn manufacturing company written on then.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

woo; Duracells are East Penn, Autocraft and Interstates are made by Johnson Controls in Mexico.

US Battery are a separate company manufactured in the US.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha