lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
ctstradley
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical issue with Melex

Good Day, I have a Melex electric 4-wheel, and there appears to be a "relay" has the following on it UD-01-X-36V and right below this is 78-10. This relay looks like an old horn relay. it has 2 spade terminals sticking out of it and on the inside one spade is wired to a small 1" coil and the other is wired to what looks like a contact of some type. I do not have a wiring diagram so I can't tell you any more.Right now you do not have to turn the key on, just put it in forward or reverse and hit the pedal it will go,but when you stop you must take it out of forward or reverse as this "relay"gets hot. Put it back in netrual. Any ideas on what it is, where I can find a replacement. Thanks Chuck 214-228-1550 or ctstradley@earthlink.net
ctstradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical issue with Melex

Can you tell us what is the source of current coming in and where does it go when it goes out?

Yoou know, like it is positive current from the ignition switch and goes out to the pos side of the solenoid? Or what?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
ctstradley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical issue with Melex

One of the wires to this "relay" comes from the key switch, the other wire goes to what appears to be a ground
ctstradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex