lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #31
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XCT 500 amp is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
You’ve got the better AMD motor. You can go up to 400 amps. Anything above that will shorten it’s life
Awesome... I'll bump it down from 500 to 400 then.

I did notice it must have been hot a week or two ago when I had the wife and 2 kids onboard.
Ran it around the woods and pretty hard up/down some hills and the Alltrax fan kicked on for a minute or two. Thats the one and only time Ive heard it come on... so I was concerned I may have been too hard on it.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #32
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
Awesome... I'll bump it down from 500 to 400 then.

I did notice it must have been hot a week or two ago when I had the wife and 2 kids onboard.
Ran it around the woods and pretty hard up/down some hills and the Alltrax fan kicked on for a minute or two. Thats the one and only time Ive heard it come on... so I was concerned I may have been too hard on it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:18 PM   #33
Four-Play
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

My stock motor lasted around 2 months after installing the XCT500. I was running it at 300 amps. I was on a longer cruise when I started to lose power and when I got home, my motor was around 250 degrees. Needless to say she was toast after that. I ended up buying the D&D motor from Plowman and it's been a great motor for torque and speed. Maxing out around 30 pmh.
Four-Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #34
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four-Play View Post
My stock motor lasted around 2 months after installing the XCT500. I was running it at 300 amps. I was on a longer cruise when I started to lose power and when I got home, my motor was around 250 degrees. Needless to say she was toast after that. I ended up buying the D&D motor from Plowman and it's been a great motor for torque and speed. Maxing out around 30 pmh.
Did you have the gray GE motor ? or the black AMD motor ?

Its my understanding that the gray GE motor is less robust than the thicker case AMD.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #35
Four-Play
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
Did you have the gray GE motor ? or the black AMD motor ?

Its my understanding that the gray GE motor is less robust than the thicker case AMD.
It was the black motor. One thing I did notice before it burned up was a clicking sound coming from it. It wasn't a real loud clicking but it was noticeable when slowing down.
Four-Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #36
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four-Play View Post
It was the black motor. One thing I did notice before it burned up was a clicking sound coming from it. It wasn't a real loud clicking but it was noticeable when slowing down.
Are you talking about your Yamaha? Because those have very cheap stock motors (Hitachi brand); not real surprising that it failed on 300 amps.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #37
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, all the people talking about G29 with "stock GE motor" & "stock ADC motor" is a bunch of baloney. All dc motor YDRE (G29) had Hitachi. G22e was the one with GE, then ADC, then Hitachi.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #38
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Ok, all the people talking about G29 with "stock GE motor" & "stock ADC motor" is a bunch of baloney. All dc motor YDRE (G29) had Hitachi. G22e was the one with GE, then ADC, then Hitachi.
I just realized I was posting in the Yamaha section.
My bad.
I was referring to Club Car motors.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #39
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Lol, it's all good, I know how you club car guys are.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha