lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Default Cart value

Good morning Guys
My church has given me the go ahead to sell this cart to fund the rebuild of their other carts. After it is cleaned up what do you think they could get for it. It Will need batteries. before the batteries totally died it ran well has lights that work. and comes with charger. Not sure of the year.
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart value

Clean the heck out of it and put in a set of used batteries. Showing it works and looks decent will get you a good deal more from a general buyer. There is a cleaner you can get for those seats that will make them look almost new.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
Lowliner06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The best way I've determined market value on my carts has been via the internet looking on ebay, facebook market place and googling to find similar carts for sale in my area in the same condition. I've also called and sent pictures to local dealers and asked them.

Is it a 36volt or 48 volt cart? In my area I see carts like this going between $800 & $1,800 but it does vary widely by location.

A few years back I saw a church sell a golf cart like this via a raffle / fund raiser. They did nothing to the cart and described it as a "project in the making" then they sold 100 tickets at $20 dollars per ticket and the winner got the cart.

Their logic was the winner got a great starting price on a "project cart" - next to nothing. The other 99 people felt good about the donation they made. The excitement about the maybe winning pulled people together who did not always attend the church. I believe they did the drawing on a Saturday morning along with a breakfast / bake sale and raised another few hundred extra dollars via the event. The big plus was they did not have to invest anything into clean up to try and sell it and all parties were happy. Just a thought....
Lowliner06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
Clean the heck out of it and put in a set of used batteries. Showing it works and looks decent will get you a good deal more from a general buyer. There is a cleaner you can get for those seats that will make them look almost new.
What cleaner do you recommend?
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theflyinglineman View Post
What cleaner do you recommend?
For white vinyl we used SOS pads with bleach, the blue ones from the grocery store. They work wonders. Put the seat on the ground. Attack with a scrub pad in one hand and a garden hose squirt nozzle in the other. Works on white plastic bodies too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theflyinglineman View Post
Good morning Guys
My church has given me the go ahead to sell this cart to fund the rebuild of their other carts. After it is cleaned up what do you think they could get for it. It Will need batteries. before the batteries totally died it ran well has lights that work. and comes with charger. Not sure of the year.
Around my area an old Yamaha like that needing batteries is $800 maybe $1000 because the market is really strong right now for carts. That assumes the frame isn't all rusted out and it has a charger.

For a church I like the auction raffle ticket idea above. Will bring in more donation money if you can sell enough tickets for the church to help fix up the rest of the fleet and someone will get a good project.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #7
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The raffle ticket idea is definitely great. You might even see if someone can donate batteries in your area. I have been finding good deals on 1 year old batteries that cart shops are switching out when they sell a "newly refurbished" cart. If the cart runs, it is still worth a lot more when you can prove it. I would say the $1000 range is right for the time. 2 years ago.... maybe $500.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha