lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 AM   #11
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel problem??? wont' run unless choked

I agree with that!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
brandonhd
Not Yet Wild

on my 90, the air intake hose(goes from filter box to carb) had came lose. I had the same problem with having to keep the choke pulled. Just one more thing for ya to look at if the other solutions don't fix it for ya. Just check the hose for leaks/clogs.
brandonhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Something we have seen lately is the fuel line breaking down and sending small pieces of rubber into the carb. It might be time to pull the carb and blast all the innerds with some Berrymans B-12! Then replace all your fuel lines...
What the heck is going on Mike, This summer I've had to replace the fuel lines on all three of my Seadoos including carb R&R to clean the internal strainers. PITA!!!

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
wish2fish
Gone Wild

okay,

replaced the fuel pump...no change
adjusted the valves....no change

looks like a carb cleaning/rebuild????

where can I learn to do this?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Carburetor rebuilding is not something I recommend that you try to figure out on your own with a book or online help.... I have been messing with them since GM Quardjunks were new .... there are just many critical yet subtle things to look for and be careful with in even a simple carburetor. I suggest you find some help or find a good working carb to swap it out with .... hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

Wow, simply wow. lets not help someone with a carb scotty, just have them get another one or someone to do it for them ........
These carbs are very simple to work on, just make sure you clean it and run a wire through the holes to clear them out. lots of time you can run seafoam in the gas and it will clean the carb for you
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
wish2fish
Gone Wild

did the seafoam in gas back in the summer. It did get better but the probleme returned late summer. Thought during the winter I would attack it again. I did work on my old cars and boats back in the 70's/80's when the carbs/engines were a lot less complicated than today.

I pulled the carb off the cart and took the bowl off. there was dirt in there but no varish. I'm assuming I pulled some dirt or gas line particles in there. Obviously there is a jet above the float. where else are there some holes that need cleaning?

What are the small tubes that hang down from the carb? they don't connect to anything!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
ruredy
Born Wild

The small tubes hanging off the side are just overflows, they don't hook to anything.
dirt in the carb sounds like it could be the problem, if your not running a inline filter put one on so that doesn't happen.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
wish2fish
Gone Wild

It has inline filter which I have replace each year. the air filter box was pretty dirty. can I get dirt from there?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
ruredy
Born Wild

I don't see how you could get dirt in the bowl through the air filter..... dirt in the bowl should be coming in through the fuel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO