lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
cmwyatt
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 2 stroke EZ-GO drive belt

I 've seen where it's recommended for better low end torque to go with a drive belt one size smaller. anyone happen to know what size, or a part # what that belt may be, on a '86 2 stroke EZ-GO, it has a Comet Duster clutch if this helps any. I'm working on this cart for a friend, and have nothing to go by, the belt thats on it does not have any legible #'s and not even sure its the correct one, thanks
cmwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 2 stroke EZ-GO drive belt

I'd be more concerned with the 24 year old clutches, first. The 2 cycle belts are hard to put on with the standard size. Going smaller might be a bear to install...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
dhinche
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1986 2 stroke EZ-GO drive belt

I'm running a Dayco HP3004 on my '83. It runs much better than the stock did. It is the same width, but it almost an inch shorter. I would like to find one the same length, but just a hair wider to see if it would give me just a bit more torque. But this belt will definetly be an improvement. Takes some muscle to get on the first time. Just jack up the rear wheels and spin it on the driven clutch. Easier with a buddy on the other side pulling at the same time. I would look into new clutches also as mikesmotortoys suggested. I replaced my driven which was trashed and it made a world of difference also.
dhinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO