lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
msdixierose
Not Yet Wild

Smile Need replacement oil plug for MELEX rear differential oil drain?

Hello, Single Mom needs help!

Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement plug for a Melex electric golf cart. My daughter was riding the other day, and once she parked it I realized oil was dripping out. The plug vibrated out. I can not locate one any help or pointers in the right direction would be great! It is a rear differential.
msdixierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need replacement oil plug for MELEX rear differential oil drain?

Hello single Mom With a golf cart You may be in luck, the ezgo drain plug should fit the Melex. Do you have the model # or a pic of the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Welcome to the fun house dixirose.

I have an old Milex 3 wheeler in my shed. I have no need for the drain plug. I do not if Milex has a removeable rear cover until I get under it. After you get acouple more posts PM me and we can work out the piticulars of getting it to you.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NICE Rodger Basically she will need 4 posts (or more) and then wait 1 hour to be sure her pm privileges have been activated
At this rate that will be Thursday

She better start figuring out how she is gonna top off that differential oil? (use 30w motor oil)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
msdixierose
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all that answered, I will try to post so I can get the assistance offered. I may be a single mom, (hey you can't help who you once fell in love with) But I'm an country girl!!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
msdixierose
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb, the right type of oil should have been a question on mine too. Have not even thought that far ahead.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Dixierose...is this Milex for your daughter or for you? or maybe both! We try to help everyone here in the fun house. Site sponcers are great providers. But it is the members here that make this forum the best on the net. There are some extreemly smart folks here who have a wealth of knowledge and are very willing to share it with those who are in need. Sometimes we joke and kid around with each other all in good fun, but we are all willing to help one another out in any manner that we can. Several on here have helped me in some sort or another and I try to return the favor to other members as well. The old saying "what goes around comes around" has never been more true than the good folks here. But we do have one requirement, we like to see photos of members carts. Stock, built, in the process, it is all good just post pics of what you have. If you have troubles trying to fix something pics are a big help. Good luck single mom!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
msdixierose
Not Yet Wild

rodgers rides,

The golf cart was my father's, he gave it to me for my daughters 9 and 3, he is no longer with us. It is a model # 512B (I found this on the plate on the passengers side bottom, hope it is right). I hope this helps.

My girls really love the cart, it is old and ugly..my ex-husband put a spray paint job on it, and it looks horrible, but it runs great. I live in a very rural area, and my daughter took off through a recently rowed cotton field (bumpy..bump) I think this vibrated the plug out. I will try to post a picture of it. If you have a plug that will fit I would greatly appreciate your help. I like the cart better than a 4 wheeler, because I do not want them getting hurt. Am I allowed to post my email address for you to contact me?

Last edited by msdixierose; 05-02-2010 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: wrong contact
Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Dixi...you can post your e-mail address here but then everybody will have it or you can PM me the address and we can work it out in that manner.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
msdixierose
Not Yet Wild

Rodger, I tried to PM you but I do not know if it worked? Can you please email me at rebelshack@yahoo.com? Thanks Rose
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex