lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
jac6081
Not Yet Wild

Question Starting problem - weird

Gas Club Car golf cart - runs fine once started. Some time I can push gas pedal and it starts and runs fine. Other times I push the gas pedal and it is dead like no spark. If I push the parking brake on then push the gas pedal it will start fine every time. Some time it will start fine 2-4-8 times in a row then dead. Push brake on then gas pedal it will start and run fine.
I figure it is brushes on the starter but it is just too weird and I thought I would ask before tackling the brushes. Any ideas?
jac6081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Starting problem - weird

even with no spark engine is going to turn over just not gonna start but it will turn over.......as for starter brushes you can look at 3 of them by just taking the rubber boot out on starter.......look at starter you,ll see along the end of it black rubber square boots they are for inspecting the brushes......the 4th one you have to take starter out but the other 3 you can leave starter in cart...............if the tops of brushes are at or near top of brush holder than you need brushes.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting assistance, starting problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car