lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
JMA1181
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motor runs when pedal is pushed but slow to move.

I just did some service on a 97 EZGO that I bought and we got it running. We put on a new air filter, battery, plugs, fuel filter, oil filter, plug wires, and belt. When I push on the throttle, the motor runs fine, it is hesitant to take off. I have a new accelerator cable and have read on how to properly adjust it. Currently the entire rear brake assembly is off so it will not be driven until the parts arrive. Will this help my problem by adjusting the cable correctly or is there more to it? The valves have been adjusted and are set at .004 all the way across. I have a laundry list of parts that I have ordered and some have arrived but still waiting on much more to come. I want this thing to run like it should because it will be used in the trails that are more suited for an ATV, but they aren't allowed. Any information that could help me make this thing run better and be more responsive is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jordan
JMA1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor runs when pedal is pushed but slow to move.

Have you checked compression? If so what is it on each cyl.?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

what do you mean by "hesitant to take off?"

like the motor just revs and the clutch does not catch? the engine starts to rev then cuts out?

need more info, people. throw me a friggin' bone
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
JMA1181
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Compression was 135 and 125 before the valves were adjusted. The motor stays running the entire time and never cuts out or misses when the pedal is pushed, it just doesn't take off for a bit. Its almost as if you can push the pedal to a point and make the motor just idle.
JMA1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO