lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
fuller4x4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Noob, normal operation and low end power

I finally jumped into the Club Cart world with a 2003 gas with a 2" lift. My speed with GPS ranges from 14 - 19 mph, but my low end power is horrible. I mainly drive the cart around the neighborhood with the kids and we have a few small hills, and I mean small, nothing big or steep. The cart just trickles down to 4-5 mph going up these hills. Is this normal, is there anything I can do CHEAPLY to help this out or is it just something we have to live with? I have read the stickies on speed, but I am fairly happy with my speed since the kids drive the cart also. Thanks in advance
fuller4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Noob, normal operation and low end power

Make sure your belt is clean and your pulleys are clean. Oil coating can cause them to slip under higher torque situations. Make sure your belt is not worn narrow. Does your motor slow down too? or do the RPMs stay high but the cart just slows down? If the RPMs stay up, you may find the belt is slipping due to one of these issues.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
fuller4x4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The belts are new, it seems like the engine lugs down and once you get back on flat ground cart is fine.
fuller4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

What happens if you stop on the hill and try to restart? The reason I am asking is I wonder if the clutches are properly adjusting as your speed changes or if you have a power issue with the motor. How is the acceleration when you first take off on the flat? Are you sure you have the right belt? Wrong belt length could cause higher speeds with low power. (19 mph is quite fast if you have stock tires and have not fooled with the governor and limit control.) Does the motor sound ok? when did all this start? was it that way when you got it? these might provide some clues. maybe someone else might have some ideas. How common is this issue people?
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low power, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car