lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Yamaha Driven Clutch Alternantives

Anybody replaced a stock secondary with success? I'm thinking snow mobile but don't know where to start. Goal would be to get a larger diameter for more top end speed with a longer belt. What do you guys think?
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Driven Clutch Alternantives

Wouldn't the larger diameter driven give you more torque? Or am I not thinking clearly, again!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They hit the axle. It would give more low gear, but you need to run a larger primary to get the larger full range of higher and lower gearing. That is one nice thing about the roller salisbury clutch nobody talks about much that is priced really high. IIRC it is a full 8"? It comes on a CC or something stock nobody wants to say.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Thanks for the replies guys.....You're right about the initial engagement, but I think I have a line on CVTech, so I'll have a larger primary and just thought while I was playin with it.........Go big on the back too so I could use a longer belt for more top too. Seems like maybe Yamaha made a sno-mo clutch with the same inner as their GC? I saw a thread awhile back where somebody adapted one that worked out well. Dooms, what do you think?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can put a larger secondary on just turn one down so it fits to the axle, but you would have to take it off to change the belt. I don't know what sled one would fit the trans. I read someone put a polaris secondary on them, old polaris is mostly comet parts. Dunno what year parts.

It would be ideal to have more gear with stock engines, but I figure with a big block I'll buy a cam and springs/etc and get 6-7K rpm and I will not want to go faster than that lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Sho, you may have point there about not wanting to go any faster! Maybe the time and money are better spent working towards posi for the cart........
Old 08-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Someone modded the posi kit from BU and ran it in a G9, or I swear I read that, lol. Anyway, here is one that is for G9s I read.

I found a spring i think will work in the stock yami weight type primary clutch for G9s, but not sure. I lost the paper I had measured it with. Going to talk with a guy who goes over by that place and see if he can stop there, shipping is pretty high I can't invest a lot if it don't work lol. Not sure how much it would help, but a big block could shift engine running and it should come out of the hole harder and pull loads harder....if it worked. I also thought about machining my primary to close more and get the belt really high for more gear, but looks like I would not get that much is 2mph/etc really going to matter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha