lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
billpv
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Accelerator Cable Install

I am somewhat handy, but want to know the steps in installing a new accelerator cable for my Yamaha G16 Gas Golf Cart (gas peddle to Governor).

It snapped/broke right up by the gas peddle, so instructions on disconnecting governor portion and reconnecting both ends would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
billpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Accelerator Cable Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpv View Post
I am somewhat handy, but want to know the steps in installing a new accelerator cable for my Yamaha G16 Gas Golf Cart (gas peddle to Governor).

It snapped/broke right up by the gas peddle, so instructions on disconnecting governor portion and reconnecting both ends would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I have the service manual in front of me.. This is the adjust proceedure. Main switch off, block wheels, remove rear access panel, Adjust throttle cable 2 (govenor-carb) a. swing the gov lever counterclockwise until it stops completely. B. while keeping the lever at this position,check that the throttle valve in the carb is fully open. C. if not adjust the throttle cable 2 by turning the adj nuts in or out. Next... Adjust throttle cable 1 (accelerator pedal-gov)
A. depress the accellerator panel to limit.
b. while keeping the pedal at this position,check that the throttle valve is fully open. if not adjust the cable 1 by turning the nuts in or out.
Note: Throttle valve should reach fully open at the same time the accellerator pedal reaches its limit. if throttle valve is fully open befor the pedal reaches its limit the cable is to tight. Free play on the cable should only be .02 inch.
This would be easier for you with pictures but I can't scan this book. Hope this helps. The book does not tell you how to remove or install the cable. So rely on your own ability and mechanical common sense
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Great post on the adjustment Technoid. Now, Billpv..are you a contorsionist? Remove service panel, slide cable rubber boot off and remove the double coiled spring off accelerator cable housing, remove spring clip from clevis pin and remove clevis pin and spring, slide accelerator cable end off govenor spring and "DO NOT LOSE THE SPACER", that fits into the govenor spring, unscrew the 10mm nut that holds the cable in place. Slide the floor mat over (to the passanger side) and take out the acsess panel unscrew the 10mm nut that holds the cable in place. May need to cut a "ziptie" or plastic holder to get the cable out as it runs along the engine. If you ordered the Yamaha cable "ju0-f6311-00-kt" you will get a longer clevis pin (it really helps), start at the back and reinstall the cable to the govenor assy, then install at the pedal. There should be a little slack left at the cable adjustment at the pedal. If you have a cargo box or rear facing seat, this job just got harder...good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Great post on the adjustment Technoid. Now, Billpv..are you a contorsionist? Remove service panel, slide cable rubber boot off and remove the double coiled spring off accelerator cable housing, remove spring clip from clevis pin and remove clevis pin and spring, slide accelerator cable end off govenor spring and "DO NOT LOSE THE SPACER", that fits into the govenor spring, unscrew the 10mm nut that holds the cable in place. Slide the floor mat over (to the passanger side) and take out the acsess panel unscrew the 10mm nut that holds the cable in place. May need to cut a "ziptie" or plastic holder to get the cable out as it runs along the engine. If you ordered the Yamaha cable "ju0-f6311-00-kt" you will get a longer clevis pin (it really helps), start at the back and reinstall the cable to the govenor assy, then install at the pedal. There should be a little slack left at the cable adjustment at the pedal. If you have a cargo box or rear facing seat, this job just got harder...good luck.
Think of it as a mini 1968 Ford Mustang.... Some may know what I'm talking about...I'm showing my age.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
j_lauer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone provide a picture of how everything looks when hooked up at the governor?

I recently picked up a G16 without the throttle-governor cable and need to know how to properly hook it all up.

If you also have a picture of the cable attached to the carb would also be helpful.

Thanks everyone
Jeremy
j_lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

This is the best I could find from the Yamaha parts manual.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOVERNOR.jpg (48.1 KB, 48 views)
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha