lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default governor bypass

Just a quick question. If I bypass my governor on my G2 will I see more speed or will I still be restricted by the rev limiter. Thanks in advance for the help
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: governor bypass

You will still be restricted by the rev limiter but should see an improvement.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, is this the only model with the rev limiter?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I know the G9 has no rev limiter.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you want to know, a friend of mine broke his throttle cable once. He comes riding up and I look at him and he laughs. He tied a string on the throttle or governor I forget, but he just pulled it out the corner of the seat to throttle it so he could use it until the cable showed up.

It will cut out repeatedly when you hit the limiter, it will still die when you let off the pedal no matter.

The problem with cranking the governor down past what it does, or modding it, is they eventually break the cable. We later took that one off and fit it right to the carb. Now we put a 16hp in it.

So far I know the G1 and G9 don't have one. You can put a G9 ignitor in a G2 to get rid of it, but they are not free. I doubt it would go much faster, better to get larger tires. They don't over rev that easy when geared up with gears or big tires, so I would not recommend doing it without one or the other. You will not get much more than the full governor anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

thanks for the info. I just put a lift and 22's on it and haven't had it"cut out" on me yet, but then I haven't really ran it wide open. I'll have to take it for an extended pedal to the metal run to see what happens
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha