lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
skiwhiz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Repair Manual

Need a repair manual for 83 Yamaha G1 gas cart not an owners manual.
Thanks Peter
skiwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Repair Manual

Factory Yamaha service manual:

http://store.kencook.com/yml/index.c...&itemId=148205
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
TheDoubleD
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Location: ...in big sky country, in the shadow of the Sweet Grass hills

Can anyone tell me what skill levels the Ken Cook service manual are written for. I can change oil and fill the tank with gas, but an engine rebuild would be over my head...would the service manual be useful to me or just my mechanic?
TheDoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

These are the Yamaha factory service manuals, Ken Cook is the publisher. They are written for dealership techs, but easy enough to understand if you have basic mechanical skills. They definitely will aid your local tech, and he will thank you for making this info available for him to use, especially if he is not familiar with G1's. For you, it will give you a better understanding of how your buggy works, how repairs are done, and which repairs are beyond your skill and tooling level. If you are so inclined, it will help you improve your skill level to do more repairs to your buggy, and learn what tools you need to purchase to do these repairs.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

Found a repair manual for my '85 G1 at www.manualuniverse.com. It is a downloadable PDF file, and the cost was $18.99. Approximately 233 pages or so. Some of the pictures are a little dark, but there are drawings that accompany each pic, which really helps! Very clear and easy to understand.
dspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
skiwhiz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspikes View Post
Found a repair manual for my '85 G1 at www.manualuniverse.com. It is a downloadable PDF file, and the cost was $18.99. Approximately 233 pages or so. Some of the pictures are a little dark, but there are drawings that accompany each pic, which really helps! Very clear and easy to understand.

Are You interested in making a cd of the manual and selling it to me?
Peter
skiwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha