lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
TCruz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My dad got a CC and I need help!

Hello guys and gals, got. a quick question about a gas CC my dad just got it for Christmas. He is obsessed with mine and from the start he wants to mod it. Already have the lift, tires, lights on order for him.

I have an EZGO and making it faster was as simple as tightening the nut on the rod at the gov. I have been reading around for a couple of days now and I see about three different ways to accomplish this on the CC. Adjust a rod somewhere, put tie wraps on the spring, and adjust a cable at the black box under the seat. I only had a few minutes the other day so I just adjusted the cable in the black box out further to see what would happen. This did make it faster. It hit the rev limiter so I ran it back in until that stopped. He is happy with the speed. Would like it faster like mine(27mph) but is OK with his (17mph).

OK, here is where my question comes in. Was this the wrong way to do it? His cart will not drive slowly, but he made a statment that it did that before I made the change to the cable. Its starts out faster than he wants it to be. My cart can creep around, his wont. Would one of the other methodes give him the ability to drive slower and still be able to hit the higher speeds?

I found this post: Should I take the time and do it this way. Don't want to mess anything up. I know my EZGO gonna; have to learn about these CCs!

Copied from another post:You're in luck Tom, I just got done writing a thing on that exact topic. Mind you it is still a little rough, but I have to redo it a little before I post it. Here is v1.0:

So you want your Club Car to move along a bit better? Club Cars feature more guards/anti-tamper devices than E-Z-GOs or Yamahas, which makes it hard to get a little speed out of them. Nevertheless, there are ways.

Before I tell you how, we must get a few things straight; 1. You are a higher risk when traveling fast, 2) You are at a higher risk of damaging engine and other components of your drivetrain.

First, put the cart up as high as you can on jack stands so you will have more working room. Jack STANDS, not a jack!!!!

Now, on the drivers side of the cart, you'll see a bronze-ish rod linking the accelerator to the throttle control in the engine compartment. There are latches on each end that must be pushed towards the middle of the rod for it to be removed. After you have it removed, lengthen it out as far as it will go without being wobbly. To do so, you must loosen each nut, turn the latches counterclockwise, and re-tighten the nuts. Be sure to get the latches in the same position when you tighten them so they line back up with the linkage correctly.

Now, look at the black rubber foot on the accelerator towards the rear of the cart. Loosen this roughly 4 turns.

Reinstall control rod, and push accelerator until the cart starts (in maintenance mode) and keep adjusting the black foot until the TOP of the pedal moves about an inch before it starts.

This will get a stock cart on stock tires about another 4 mph. This is the easiest way to get some more speed. If you are feelin industrious, you can get another rod exactly like that only about 1/2 inch longer and keep adjusting in the same manner above until you get the speed you want. You won't be going 55 or anything, but you'll be able to move a bit better than you could before.
TCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
TCruz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My dad got a CC and I need help!

Spoke with my dad last night and he said it would not drive slow before I adjusted that cable. Is there anything I can do to give him a slower speed cruising around the camp ground? Could the belt be worn out letting it ride to high in the clutch?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
TCruz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My dad got a CC and I need help!

To anyone that may be wondering the same.

I got a chance yesterday to play with his cart more and YES backing out that cable did cause it to be to fast as soon as the engine starts. I ran it back in to where only about 1/4" of thread was sticking outside the black box and it will now run at a very slow speed. Probably walk faster now. I then just zip tied the spring to regain the high end.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car