lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default no service mode

I have recently rebuilt an '87 CC DS. Runs great and everything seems to be adjusted correctly. The other day when we had a warm spell I decided to take it out again for a short run. Ran it about 10 minutes and after stopping across the street to talk with the neighbors. It did not want to turn over at all. After pushing it back into the garage I checked the charge of the battery and it was fine. It sat for maybe 10 minutes and after fussing in the service mode, I realized that It would now go in reverse and foreward but still nothing in the service mode. This has the small gear that you pull out and turn to get it in the service mode. Under the seat on the same shaft as the f-n-r handle. Those 2 microswitches that the gear pulls away from were just replaced with new.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: no service mode

Sounds a bit like the brushes in your starter/generator are getting short in the tooth. Pull the dust cover off of the nearest brush on the generator. Take the brush out by unscrewing the standard screw head at the braided wire. If the brush is worn down to the horizontal groove ~3/8 inch from the end where the braided wire is attached, then your brushes need to be replaced. Costs about $7 a brush (I think) and there are four of them. Brushes are hard carbon. Go figure. Easy to do. Should fix you up if that is the underlying reason for it not contacting the "juice" when the pedal is mashed.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
mortimer
Getting Wild

Thanks, will check that right now.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
mortimer
Getting Wild

Sorry it took so long. Checked brushes and found out 2 were past that groove. Ordered all new that same night plus the springs. Just put them in and fired it up this evening. I did notice also that the gear that you pull out, and rotate for service mode has enough play to where it does not quite trigger the outer switch. I moved it a hair and triggered it. Then I had the service mode again. Whew! Boy would that have been a nightmare if I had not caught it. I would have checked every wire and ground, to no avail. Over something dumb. But hopefully when the snow clears, I can take it out again, get her warm and do some stop and go driving. Which seemed to trigger the what I am hoping was the starter to momentarily quit.

Oh yeah, found the brushes on that auction place for $18. Emailed him and he sent me the springs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car