lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
lwbenton
Not Yet Wild

Default Sepex controller error on status indicator

I have just gotten a 2006 ezgo MPT 1000 with a sepex 1264 controller. I just had a lift put on the cart with bigger tires. The cart has been running fine but I was driving the night before last and let off the accelerator suddenly to come to a quick stop. The cart has not moved since. The status indicator flashes 5 and then 2, which according to the sepex Manuel for a 1268 (I can't find Manuel for a 1264), the code indicates that a main contactor coil is not connected or open. I cannot find any information on how to fix this. Thanks for any help you can provide. I do not work on carts very much.
lwbenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sepex controller error on status indicator

You will need a voltmeter to 1st verify that you have 36v to the solenoid activation circuit when you press the gas, key on, cart in gear. 2nd test to see 36v in and then out on the big terminals....
Can you hear the solenoid click when you try to go? If no the activation circuit may have failed?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
lwbenton
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid does click. I forgot to mention that it's 48volt. I am going to get a voltmeter now and will test. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid clicks so we know the activation circuit is working.... that leaves testing if the main pack voltage 438-51v is going in and out of the solenoid on the big posts when you try to go.... All this testing should be done with at least one rear wheel off of the ground. IF power is comeing out of the solenoid test the controller. Connect the test leads to M- and B+ , press the gas and check the reading, it should go from 0 to full power with the peddle movement.

Sudden stops are aften a broken connection...... check all motor, battery, F&R, cables.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
lwbenton
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb, thanks for your quick responses. I realize I may be over my head here. I did not have a lot of success testing the volts, infact I burnt the tip of the tester off while trying to test the solenoid. I hope I did not do anymore damage. Although, I really want to learn, I think I need to take it to a professional. Just curious, if the solenoid is not clicking, does that mean the solenoid is bad? thanks again for your time. I own an auction company and we sell golf carts a good bit, however we do not work on them. I thought it would be a fun hobby to learn, but having no knowledge makes it tough.

Tags
sepex controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO