lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Parhopeful41
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric EZ Go-Cart Charging Issues

I have a 96 EzGo electric golf cart that the batteries had become almost empty on as it sat for about 12 months. When I attach the charger it does not activate. I tried it on my neighbors golf cart and it started up just fine. I have replaced all battery cables and cleaned the posts. I put my fast charger at 6V and started charging each battery seperately, then I found this great website!!

It has enough of a charge that the reverse beep sounds very low, and the front lights do come on very dim, but the charger still does not activate. I saw where you could set the charger at 12V and charge two at a time. How do I hook up the charger properly to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to hopefully get this giong without the expense of 6 new batteries if I can.

Thank you
Parhopeful41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric EZ Go-Cart Charging Issues

It is best if you have a voltmeter to check before connecting. Basically the 6 batteries are connected in series any 2 6v batteries connected positive to negative add up to 12v on their other pos & neg. check it out with a meter and then charge with confidence. No need to disconnect anything on the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Parhopeful41
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Electric EZ Go-Cart Charging Issues

Awesome, Thank Scotty. I will posts some pics in the morning. Got the golf cart since the bulldogs get tired walking by the end of the driveway, then had it customed out Ole Miss.

Got to get it going again for summer so they can ride in the wind !!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

bull dogs are I got a used one and gave it to a buddy. Its the best dog he ever had
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Parhopeful41
Not Yet Wild

OK, First off...... Happy Easter !!

Now you guys rock, within seconds it started charging last night. Started at 21 on the amperes now it is down to 14. The beeps work the lights work but when I press down on the pedal it does not do anything. No click, Nada.

I ran the diagnostic and I got a 1-2 on the chart and that says the controller is bad. Is that the case or is it not running because it has not actually charged enough to engage the motor?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let the charger run undisturbed () until it shuts off or 16hrs. which ever comes first.
If the cart has diagnostic codes it also has a safety interlock so it won't run with the charger plugged in.
Best thing you can do is let the charger finish. May take 12 hours with your batteries run down so low.

Think of it as a day with your batteries in ICU.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
Parhopeful41
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much, Patience to ride is becoming difficult with the bullies.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhopeful41 View Post
Thanks so much, Patience to ride is becoming difficult with the bullies.
OH, you got kids
Old 04-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Parhopeful41
Not Yet Wild

OK, this is definitely not my strong suit. The charger has completed a cycle and shut off. The lights are very bright and the reverse beep is sounding like normal again. This tells me that I have a charge. However, it still does nothing when I depress the accelerator pedal in forward or reverse. I saw a past post about the reed cable and I checked that but it seems to be fine.

Where do I go from here on the trouble shooting scale?

Thank you all very much for all your knowledge and help, this has been amazing with all of your responses.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You need to get a pack voltage, just because your lights are working does not mean something else is wrong. You need to know what voltage you have on your set of batteries, then check voltage on the battery side of the solenoid and then on the controller side. Let us know.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO