lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Blake8504
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Mixing oil and Gas G1

I've got a G1 that I'm working on getting running. I think I wan't to just bypass the whole oil injection system period to leave out the worries of it failing. With that being said, what brand Oil is the best one to use for this? Are there any ones I should avoid? Or does it really not matter?

Thanks!
Blake8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Mixing oil and Gas G1

I question if it matters, but many say air and water cooled 2 strokes need different oil because the air cooled run hotter. That said I doubt carts run hot like another 2 stroke making twice the HP per displacement such as an older motocross bike that does not even have fan cooling. Anyway I would try 50:1 maybe less oil if it smokes a lot or you don't run it hard. Lately I been using the gallon size of the tech walmart oil in things, but I use better oil in my outboards that are stressed more like the penz synthetic or mercury oil. That tech stuff in the gallon was cheap and didn't smoke that much. The tech in the small bottle seemed to be different and thicker.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Blake8504
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I forgot to mention I'm in Texas along the coast, where it can get mighty warm during the summer and I plan on using it at the beach. If that matters any.
Blake8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
Clinton Duckworth
Not Yet Wild

Should the oil line be plugged or removed?
Clinton Duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

The oil injection system was setup as an oil on demand system, to add less oil when not needed at lower rpm and more oil at higher rpm.... and it also used much less oil and took much longer to plug the muffler up with unburned oil and soot from excessive burned oil than premixing.... Just something to think about.... My g1 does not have any noticable smoke whats so ever and hasnt for the 7 years or so I've owned it.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha