lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
shanson
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 makes alot of noise

my g1 got flooded and sat in muddy water for sometime. Runs great now after cleaning everything. The only thing i have not done is the BBQ of the muffler. The cart is very loud but it does not sound like muffler noise would BBQ of the muffler quit down the whole cart? Any help would be great.

Thanks
shanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 makes alot of noise

Its hard to say what the fix it without knowing what the problem is. we need more info about the sound and where its comming from
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
shanson
Not Yet Wild

it just seems like alot of engine noise. there is no knock or anything just loud. not sure if this old cart is just loud because of its age or what. with two people on the cart you can hardley speak to each other.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G1 are a little louder than 4 stroke carts, but not that much. Usually BBQ muffler makes it louder if anything, because the oil inside quiets it some. I would check the muffler to head connection, airbox seal, and clutches can make noise too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
shanson
Not Yet Wild

thats a place to start, thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Grab the clutch on the engine and try to wiggle it up/down, the part that moves in to the belt. If it rattles the sound goes into the crank and it can sound like the whole engine is rattling. You can lube the center bushing, if newer style it has a grease zerk on the outer edge, one pump maybe little more if dry. Make sure no extra comes out and can get on belt thats bad. Or could be weights/etc inside it. Note that they are never 'tight' they are a little loose so they slide easy to shift, but more than a little ends up being a rattle. Could also check the motor mounts, is muffler loose/vibrating/etc.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
shanson
Not Yet Wild

thanks again, i will try that. The cart is at the course and i will not get a chance to check it until next week, i will post how i turn out.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
shanson
Not Yet Wild

i checked the clutch on the engine and it seems ok, when you move it by hand back and forth it is definitely were the noise is coming from inside the engine. also i noticed i only have 1/2 of the plastic engine shroud the 1/2 that covers the rear part of the motor, could this be causing it to be louder than normal? if so where would i find a replacement shroud.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The fins will radiate noise, I'm not that sure how much difference but would be worried about cooling.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha