lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rims!

Didn't mean to shout, but having an industrial cart with 5 lug rims, where do I find these? I just want the original replacement ones. I have hard filled tires, which I'm sure you guys are not used to, but the rims " look " the same. Does anyone out there have an idea what I'm talking about? Thanks for any and all help!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Didn't mean to shout, but having an industrial cart with 5 lug rims, where do I find these? I just want the original replacement ones. I have hard filled tires, which I'm sure you guys are not used to, but the rims " look " the same. Does anyone out there have an idea what I'm talking about? Thanks for any and all help!

Check with the site sponsors, they should be able to get them for you.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With the hard filled tires, will you need split rims. In a past life, the tire shop I worked in did the solid fill of tires going into the copper mines. It was either a split rim of cut the tire off of the rim when it wore out.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPete View Post
With the hard filled tires, will you need split rims. In a past life, the tire shop I worked in did the solid fill of tires going into the copper mines. It was either a split rim of cut the tire off of the rim when it wore out.
Fantastic! Someone has even heard of these! I appreciate your reply! Mine aren't split rims, but that's not out of the question. What I need is one tire replaced. I actually like the filled tires as I drive in junkyards a lot and they don't go flat ! I'll have to check out tire shops and see who can do this. Thanks for your answer! I hope by " in a past life " you didn't mean unobtanium!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

what size are your wheels/tires?

something like this? forklift shop? specialty lawn mower shop?
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One of the minor thinks I did after retiring from the USAF was selling tires in a shop that had contracts in the large open pit copper mine in Morenci Az. We had the contract for filling the tires.

The split rim style saved them about 3 hours labor to remove a tractor tire. Big money when it is done many times.

How is the weight of the tires you are doing? Some types of fill are pretty heavy and would use up the batteries a bit faster.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
One of the minor thinks I did after retiring from the USAF was selling tires in a shop that had contracts in the large open pit copper mine in Morenci Az. We had the contract for filling the tires.

The split rim style saved them about 3 hours labor to remove a tractor tire. Big money when it is done many times.

How is the weight of the tires you are doing? Some types of fill are pretty heavy and would use up the batteries a bit faster.
They are standard size cart tires that were hard filled. They are very heavy! I will guess 60-70 pounds or so each. I found this out when I went to replace a kingpin and bushing, and not knowing about the weight, pulled the tire and wheel off on my foot! I'll take you guys advice and check out some specialty tire shops and see what I come up with! A forklift shop is on my agenda too!

My main problem is finding the 5 lug rims. They are 8".
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the standard 4 lug rim has the proper size center to match the 5 lug, you can have a 4 lug re-drilled to 5 lug, and then weld/fill the 4 lug holes. A good machine shop should be able to drill it properly. I have seen this done many times.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If the standard 4 lug rim has the proper size center to match the 5 lug, you can have a 4 lug re-drilled to 5 lug, and then weld/fill the 4 lug holes. A good machine shop should be able to drill it properly. I have seen this done many times.
Thanks! Great idea! Hell, I can do that myself! I'm not sure, but I don't think my rims center on the hub. Even if they do, I could turn the center hole larger! I'm checking around for wheels now. I'm sure E-Z-GO isn't the only manufacturer to use these rims. I did notice they are a bit thicker than the 4 lug golf cart wheels. I'll run some down, it's just a matter of time.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should be able to use a brake drum for a pattern. One hole might line up with the center hole set in place. Then drill the remaining 4. I have seen people weld a flat washer at each hole on the lug nut side of the rim, then use a larger bit to give it the slightly beveled lip for the nut.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO