lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
bigjack51
Not Yet Wild

Angry 06 yamaha buck jumping

My 2006 yamaha g22 bucks and jumps real bad at slow speed,runs good on top.need help please. bigjack.
bigjack51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 06 yamaha buck jumping

It could be a dirty carb low speed jet problem
or a sticking clutch.
Also look the belt over for flat spots or chunks missing.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I would look at the three rollers in you primary clutch. check for flat spots on the rollers.

Last edited by G1-G9; 04-19-2012 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: more needed
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure it is not the throttle cable adjustment. If someone screwed it up the carb will open before the switch starts the engine. Then it is like 10mph or off and no between. It can backfire if you try to drive it slow because its like turning the key on and off and fills the muffler with gas.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
bigjack51
Not Yet Wild

How do you adjust the carb. is it the 10mm wrench thing.bigjack
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Can you hear the pedal switch click? Or watch the carb and push the pedal down a little and figure out where the switch hits to start it (without starting it). The carb throttle should not move (where the cable is on top that moves more as you press gas pedal down the rest of the way). After the gen starts rotating the engine you should have to press the pedal down more to get the carb throttle to begin opening. If it moves at start then cable is too tight you need to move it back at pedal, pull up the floor panel. I like to have it start then about 1" of movement at the top of the gas pedal before the carb starts to open. If you are careful with your foot you can idle the cart with the pedal just on. But, if the carb is open at starting it will take off then you let off to slow and it cuts ignition, then restarts, it will buck and pop if you try to go slow. This may or may not be your problem but is common people think adjusting the pedal cable will make it go faster, and that is not the way to make a yamaha go faster. The 10mm nut on the trans is the governor speed adjuster, all the way in is highest speed. If you need more then take the governor off is my recommendation. Problem is at higher speed it breaks the throttle cable often because of the high pressure on it, without governor there is no pressure just put a normal return spring on it and it lasts many years.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
bigjack51
Not Yet Wild

well that was the problem, throttle out of adjustment. sho305 thank you very very much bigjack.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

good job sho now get off the computer and back to work on that clone.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
SleeperG22
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem. I sent the primary to Plowmans for a rebuild but it was too far gone, now I have to install a new whole new one.
SleeperG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Good deal.

Work on the clone, sounds like a good idea for sure but I can't seem to make it happen. Going to get cart out of storage tomorrow and put a new battery in it. I was driving it on a jumper pack last fall lol. If I have time I'll try to make the parts for the clone motor mount in the shop there, look it over good and see if I need any other parts/etc for it. I have some LED lights and stuff to put on it also, even a secret got fast pack to try on the factory clutch that may or may not work. Still have to make one more part for it so I can try it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha