lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Allischalmersguy
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 turns over, but won't go!

Hey everyone!

Just want to say this site is great and has helped me a long ways... But still having some issues.. I have a G1 Gas Cart and it's beginning to be a pain. I have replaced the crank seals, cleaned out the carb thoroughly, new lines for filter, oil injector works fine, selenoid is good, new spark plug. And finally new battery... Once I had cleaned the carb and put it back together, it ran great!!! Took it off the jack stand and went to cruise around the yard and just when j was backing up, it quite, but turned over... Any ideas? Sounds like it's flooding itself and at times wants to go. Havnt checked compression yet, but by turning by hand there is pressure... I can see gas dripping below... Just at my wits end rt now. Any help would be appriciated!! I have read the trouble shooting in other post as well. Btw, I found a way to get the Clutch side off without spending $40!!! simple and quick!!
Allischalmersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: G1 turns over, but won't go!

On my G1 I found that my grounds weren't clean enough. I was getting spark but it was very weak. I ran a jumper from the negative on my battery to the ground on the coil and it ran great.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Allischalmersguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will take a look and add the jumper....
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There should not be any gas dripping, check if the supply line to the carb has come off or if the carb is flooding it could be the float is stuck or set too high.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Allischalmersguy
Not Yet Wild

The float was good! Was just flooding. I did the jumper wire and it ran like a champ!! Again, thanks a WHOLE lot for everyones help! I have been on other sites with forums and none of them come close to touching this one! Best forum and site ever!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

These carts get old and are notorious for bad wire connections. Remember all negative wires on a yamaha are wires and the frame is not ground like a car, so you have to check all the connections and grounds once in a while, as well as fuses and connectors/battery cables/etc. The good news is wires are typically cheap/easy to fix.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Allischalmersguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the comment on ground that sho305 wrights make me wonder why is the chase not grounded ??????? and what will happen if you ground it ?????
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My guess is that because the engine is rubber mounted its insulated from the chassis and there were no lights mounted to the chassis that could use it as a ground, so the chassis was never needed to be a common ground. Even if it was grounded you still need the ground connection on the motor to be good.

Last edited by caddylac camper; 04-30-2012 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Right the engine is on mounts and the cradle is on pivots....before you get to frame. You can ground the frame I did for my lights that have no ground wire. Just make sure it is a good connection or your lights quit when it goes bad and maybe it blows the fuse too. I put a cable batt ground to a bolt on the frame. I think its just a 12ga wire or something, but is only for the pair of 55w lights.

The generator might ground the cradle I don't know, its bolted to it. When I put a clone in a G9 I made little cables that connect the clone starter to the battery cables on the generator. But still use the gen to start it anyway. This new clone I did not get an electric start.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha