lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Frighteningly unused 1989 Yamaha G3 gas golf cart: Proud new owner!! (photos!)

WOW, what a find, and 2k is very good, but you might shop around and see if any retirement communitys would buy it for a profit.

like said before, i wouldn't touch it, it looks wierd enough for burning man just like it is
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
br0dy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Frighteningly unused 1989 Yamaha G3 gas golf cart: Proud new owner!! (photos!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadady View Post
WOW, what a find, and 2k is very good, but you might shop around and see if any retirement communitys would buy it for a profit.
I'm not looking to turn a profit, I'm looking to USE it. I wouldn't buy anything in hopes of making money on it.
br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
br0dy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, everyone. After some thinking, I'm not going to turn it into anything-- it IS perfect as-is. I'm going to just get some 80s golf costumes, a golf bag and some light-up golf balls, and drive around in it like a demented golfer. For all the unmodified (rental, for staff/workers) golf carts out at the event, I've NEVER seen anyone playing with the idea of pretending to be golfers.

Now time to re-watch Caddyshack....and buy some argyle pants!
br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Glad you're going to leave it as is

This isn't from the 80's, but it's still a hoot

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:11 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

NICE G3, G1 style powerplant, gotta love it!!

The original owner must have died. for some twisted reason, Sun Classics seem to (at least here anyway) have a cult-like following. they spend too much money to have no-longer-available items fixed on these. (Don't break those tail light covers, they're not available, Sun Classic Electric F&R parts no longer available, have to convert other F&R to fit, Or try to find a turn signal assembly!).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

This thing looks like something out of a James Bond 007 movie! Too cool. Have fun with it, and make sure you post a pic when you get those 80's golf costumes on!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha