lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
blaylock9b
Not Yet Wild

Default G-16 sputter until wide open

So ive had this g16 for a few months now and havent had one issue aside from a near roll.. :)
i ditched the governor and did the cable straight to the carb, followed what directions i could find regarding some slack, extra spring and what not.
The car ran killer for about 2 months, and i ran it hard, several days out of every week.
Lately however, it will not "cruise". it wont backfire, die, or just not start, it is very responsive going up to max speed, but you cant hold the throttle without it jerking back and forth.

I apologize if this was covered, i searched and could only find jerking issues involving back fires, dying, or with governor still attached
blaylock9b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G-16 sputter until wide open

If its at wide open it could be the rev limiter.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
blaylock9b
Not Yet Wild

sorry, that was kind of confusing. What i meant was; the cart wont cruise at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 throttle or any place in between without sputtering.
Wide open, it runs fine
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
blaylock9b
Not Yet Wild

no help on the subject?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not 100% sure here, but I think the "pilot" jet in the carb. is "in play" during low and mid throttle operation. Maybe your problems are in this adjustment. I would try adjusting it in 1/4 turn and try it, then out 1/4 turn out (from original setting) and try it again to see what happens. If no change, put it back where it was. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha