lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
MrWiggly
Not Yet Wild

Default New body for my baby

I just bought a 2001 Club Car DS. The body is not in the best cosmetic shape. If I buy one of the $500-$600 new body kits instead of repainting, how hard is the changeout?
MrWiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New body for my baby

Its not all that bad. The amount of work will depend on what equipment you have but even with lights and all, its an afternoon's worth of work.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickguy View Post
Its not all that bad. The amount of work will depend on what equipment you have but even with lights and all, its an afternoon's worth of work.
Having done this with all three of my carts so far, I'll have to add something to your statement: Its not all that bad as long as you put penetrating oil on the back sides of the body bolts the day before so it has time to work AND the nut plates and bolts are not rusted / corroded into one piece.

If that happens don't bother fighting them, just break out the drill and take the heads off of the bolts. Replace EVERYTHING with stainless steel when you do, trust me you'll thank yourself for doing it the next time you want to do something that requires body piece removal.

Seriously, once everything is loosened, it is a cake walk to swap the bodies.

Just do yourself a favor and do a search on here about prepainted bodies if you're looking to go that route.

There have been a couple of people burnt by so called custom painters selling bad bodies with poorly applied paint jobs while there have been others that received great bodies from other companies with stunning paint jobs.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

PB Blaster will be your best friend.... Get a can or two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-pbpenetrant.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
EXSSIVE
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a 2008 and I just removed the body this past week so I could get it painted, only took me about two hours to take it all the way off and get it in the back of my p/u truck. It is pretty straight forward, just take your time and make sure you have a clean work area
EXSSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car