lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
Dusty921
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: is there a how to for putting gears in rear

There is another possible reason CTD is a bit testy, maybe he had the same experience with the rude treatment BU doles out that many of us did when you try to get answers. Unless you are calling them with a fist full of money to spend they could care less and even less than that if you already spent your dollars with them! BU chased me here and I'm sure that there is many more people on BGW like me, here people care and take the time to try to help. I wouldn't spend my money with BU regardless of their prices. Just read the myriad of replies from sponsors of this site when they have nothing to gain but the satisfaction of helping.

Sometimes the lowest price isn't the best price!!

CTD's one of the good guys, don't let his Florida attitude fool you!

Dusty
Dusty921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96clubber View Post
my cart is lifted wanted to add some speed but not lose low end power. prob go with 8to1 set
That makes sense. Reason I asked was because mine is lifted with 22s and when I added the bigger tires, my top speed increased because of the larger spinning diameter of the tire, but I did lose a little low end torque. Not enough to bother me though, I can still haul up to seven adults on the cart.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #13
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With bigger tires and the higher gear set both you will lose quite a bit of low end. The exact amount I can't tell you but from reading most post on this issue I would say a lot.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah guys i wasnt trying to stir crap up by asking about a gear set....... if someone has a bad day dont take it out on me. i had a idea in my head i researched then i asked about it. i dont ask questions anywhere but here. the engine will work less as the wheels will go faster right?
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You said your cart is lifted, what size tires are you running? My tires are 22" and my cart will do 21-22mph. No gear upgrade at all and I have the 8hp KF82 motor. Your cart is a '96 gas and the base engine for that cart is the 9hp FE290 motor. You may get an extra mile or two over what I'm getting if your motor is in good shape and you're running the larger tires like mine.

Lurch made a good point though, if you run the larger tires plus the high-speed gears, you may end up with anemic low-end power. Like I said, my cart lost a small amount of low end, but not much. If you want high speed plus high low-end torque you may be better off doing an engine swap.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car