lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 CC Carryall 6 - Rev Limiter and Governor Disable

Hello

I am working to install a tiny tach to monitor my 2003 CC Carryall 6 and am wanting to remove the limiter and governor.. I just have one question.. How do I remove the governor from the attached picture.. I have seen how to remove the limiter from the picture by taking the ground wire off and taping it up.. What I cannot figure out from any post and I have searched the internet for a week is how to take the governor out of the picture.. Does anyone know how to do this as the cable tie trick just does not make sense to me since the governor arm can still move when the throttle pulls on it....Anywho if anyone can shed some light I would be a very grateful man!!! :) Attaching pics so you can see my governor arm and springs etc..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-08 16.59.55.jpg (213.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Revcable.JPG (132.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-08-08 17.00.04.jpg (218.1 KB, 0 views)
unixwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
fullerbass
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 CC Carryall 6 - Rev Limiter and Governor Disable

loosen the bolt that attaches the throttle arm to the rear axle in pic one (the pivot point on the bracket)
fullerbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This may sound dense but am not sure which bolt you refer to? Is this a bolt on the governor linkage? Do you mean this bolt on the picture? Do still need to cable tie the spring?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (69.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by unixwizz; 08-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Add picture
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just run a zip tie through the governor springs fer crying out loud. It only takes a couple of minutes and combined with yanking the rev limiter ground wire you are only 2 minutes from grenading your engine. Why get all technical?
Does anyone read the stickies any more ? It's all there and posted by people who are more sensible than I am and with more knowledge I have no doubt.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yes, that's the limiter ground.

Zip ties with the throttle closed:

Govenor Zip-Tie 001.jpg

Zip ties with adjusted rpm @ around 4300 at WOT:

Govenor Zip-Tie 003.jpg

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks tons lockman.. This is exactly what I needed to see.. A picture really is worth a thousand words!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lockman - In your config it looks like your governor bolt on the pivot arm is tight. So how does this work then? I had to make my bolt loose so it would not turn the pivot on the governor else the governor would still be invoked. My question is how does the ziptie work without loosening the governor pivot bolt? Sorry for so many questions lockman!!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixwizz View Post
Lockman - In your config it looks like your governor bolt on the pivot arm is tight. So how does this work then? I had to make my bolt loose so it would not turn the pivot on the governor else the governor would still be invoked. My question is how does the ziptie work without loosening the governor pivot bolt? Sorry for so many questions lockman!!
Yes it works. The governor arm is active when the centrifugal force of the rear end causes it to move out. The cable arm is thus activated and the springs on the governor now control the amount of throttle control via the cable. I wasn't being flippant when I suggested locking the springs together. When locked, the springs can't provide the force required to pull back the throttle butterfly and as a consequence, WOT is exactly that, WOT. It's dirt cheap to do, easily adjustable and almost instantly removable when your Grandchildren come to the farm and you don't want them in any imminent danger of running into the Goat pen.
Simple works

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Chris for the info.. I think I was really over thinking this whole thing..:) I will just play with the ziptie method and be done with it!!!!! :) I was thinking that the ziptie had to also have the governor bolt loosened and that was confusing me.. Now I know just play with the ziptie to defeat the governor and leave everything else alone....:) No worries about being flippant LOL..... I know guys who have been around this forum for along time have seen the same questions over and over however since this is my first cart I am certainly in learning mode still..:) Thanks for being patient with me!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
R1D2
Getting Wild

Club Car

What about other ways to speed up the gas club car without tampering with the governor?
R1D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car