lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Air in Fuel Filter

I have read in several posts that air in the fuel filter is normal. What I want to know is where does the air come from? And after the cart has been sitting for awhile and the the filters refill, where does the air go?
rwwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwoods View Post
I have read in several posts that air in the fuel filter is normal. What I want to know is where does the air come from? And after the cart has been sitting for awhile and the the filters refill, where does the air go?

Wondering the same!! My cart runs out of gas on long WOT runs and the filters are only half full. After I slow down a min. it's better. All this even after a new fuel pump and filters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Air in Fuel Filter

anyone?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

I have been thinking that the "air" is possibly fuel vapor. Here is what Wikipedia says about vapor lock.

Quote:
Vapor lock was far more common in older gasoline fuel systems incorporating a low-pressure mechanical fuel pump driven by the engine, located in the engine compartment and feeding a carburetor. Such pumps were typically located higher than the fuel tank, were directly heated by the engine and fed fuel directly to the float bowl inside the carburetor. Fuel was drawn under negative pressure (gage pressure) from the feed line, increasing the risk of a vapor lock developing between the tank and pump. A vapor lock being drawn into the fuel pump could disrupt the fuel pressure long enough for the float chamber in the carburetor to partially or completely drain, causing fuel starvation in the engine. Even temporary disruption of fuel supply into the float chamber is not ideal; most carburetors are designed to run at a fixed level of fuel in the float bowl and reducing the level will reduce the fuel to air mixture delivered to the engine.
I have noticed that my fuel pump get very hot due to the hot gases in the pulse line. That might tend to create vapor in the fuel line. What do you think?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

I suppose it's possible. I'll check mine next time it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I took a syringe and took the fuel line off the first filter tank side and filled it up with fuel and put the hose back on and have run it for quit awhile now and its still full. No issues.
Chrisdupuis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car