lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Carburator Problems

I have replaced the original carb with a new aftermarket one and noticed the cart wasn't running right so I had someone take a look at it. They found that the lead plug next to the pilot jet was missing. Resulting in the pilot jet sucking up dirt and getting way to much air as they are common to each other. So I put the old carb back on and the cart worked much better.
I returned the new carb last week and had a new one sent to me with the plug in place like the original. I just installed it this morning and ran it in maintenance mode and noticed it was loose in place and moving around while engine was running. So I took a small screwdriver to see if I could move it and it was loose. So the only thing keeping it in place at the moment is the fastener. I'm guessing that this is what happened to the first one and it fell out while in use.
So my question is this plug supposed to be loose, im guessing not but I just want to be sure before I complain to who I bought it from again. My original carb plug is solid and has no movement.
I have attached a couple photos showing the new carb on the cart and the original carb with a arrow pointing to the plug in question
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130823_090338.jpg (191.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Original Carb.png (1.35 MB, 0 views)
Chrisdupuis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Carburator Problems

Chinese aftermarket carbs are junk, I bought one for an old ezgo 3pg motor and the butterfly fell off within 2 or 3 hours of running and got sucked into the engine, broke the piston and damaged the cylinder. bring your old carb to a motorcycle shop and have them acid dip it and rebuild it for you, unless the throttle shaft/body is worn you are much better off rebuilding the original carb.................Anthony
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can send it back or just put a dab of silicone over it to seal it up and hold it in place. I bought one of the 100 dollar carbs for my pioneer and it works fine. I spent so much time on the old one trying to get it all cleaned out I finally gave up. My pilot air was plugged up on mine. Never could get it cleared out.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Took the carb off the cart yesterday and the frost plug fell out in my hand as i removed it. Called the company who i bought it from and told him what what was going on and asked him if the carb he sold me was one of those chinese parts. His answer was yes but he has sold hundreads of them with no complaint. He suggested that i attemp to weld it in place. After i was done laughing i said im not welding anything to my carb. So know im in limbo while he contacts his distributor to see whats happening. Where is a good place to buy a quality made USA carb???? Also are they similar in price, i paid $150 Canadian.
Chrisdupuis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take a piece of round steel about 1/2 the size of the plug and tap on the domed
plug it will expand and stay in place, very much like freeze plugs.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car