lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
mommab
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 DS won't stay running

I have a 2004 DS that won't stay running... It will run then stall out.... then run and stall out.

Here is the long story short. At our campground I ran out of gas... I told an acquaintance to go tell my husband to bring me some gas. He came back... and as he was putting gas in my cart.. he proceeds to tell me its mixed gas for his boat.. WTH! I yell stop...(he is a moron). It wasn't a lot but obviously enough to cause me crap....Ever since then... we have had issues.. of course... We replaced the plug... and fuel filters... blew out all the lines... replaced the fuel pump. I'm lost at what to do next. It's like the fuel filters don't fill up. Any advice on what I should do next?
mommab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 04 DS won't stay running

Running mix gas in a non-mix gas vehicle isn't necessarily a problem. I've used mix gas in pinch before. Not something I would recommend doing regularly but I would certainly do it if I ran out of gas and just needed to get back to home base.

It sounds to me like the needle & seat in your float bowl may have a piece of debris in it or may be wore out and not sealing. This will keep the carburetor float from being able to regulate the fuel to your motor, causing it to run one minute,then stall out, and repeat. What may be happening is that there's too much fuel going in and it floods out your motor.

When it stalls out, how long before it runs again? Does it immediately start back up or does the cart have to sit for a few minutes?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
mommab
Not Yet Wild

It does have to sit for a min then it will take off again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
mommab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

When the motor quits, pull the spark plug right away and see if it's soaking wet with fuel.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

maybe his mix had water in it as well? I use mix all the time wont hurt anything, maybe smoke alittle. check the gas, also check the vent in the gas cap? if you loosen the cap will it run then?
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car