lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Buggin Out
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha drive wont go

I have a 2008 Yamaha drive. Just put new set of batteries and replaced what cables needed about a month ago. It was running faster and better than it ever was. Broke in the batteris and the other day desided to take for a long ride to see how far I could go. Was offroad and tried to go up a steep hill and it died a few times. Was able to switch tow/run switch and get it up the hill. After flat ground, was back to normal speed. Took it out a few days later, fully charged, and wasnt as fast and started bucking trying to go up hill. Like pwere was flicked on and off a couple times. Finally died completely. Did the same thing the next day after charging again. Now wont go at all. The cellanoid clicks when press pedal and all connection look good.

Should I take all connections off, clean, and replace? Could it be the motor?
Not sure if the hill had something to do with it.

What should I do next?
Buggin Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive wont go

Check that all batteries were connected properly, and that the two charger leads are on the correct terminals (positive.and negative ends of pack:. Check individual battery voltages and post them here for further assessment .
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Buggin Out
Not Yet Wild

Checked the 4 batteries and had 12.8 on each. Have 51 at the celenoid. Celenoid is still clicking on and off. Pushed the cart a few inches and celenoid clicks again. Pushed the cart while holding pedal and cart went but still bucked and then stopped. Pushed again and did same thing. ????
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Plug in charger, wait a few minutes, check voltages on-charge. Look for one way higher than the rest. If you know anyone with a car battery load tester, get it and test your batteries with that. I still feel that the problem lies in a bad batt or loose connection on one of the large cables.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Buggin Out
Not Yet Wild

All batteries tested the same under charge. Cleaned all connections again even though they didn't really need it.

I'm thinking its a pedal sensor or something else.

???
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

The throttle sensor is expen$ive, i dont recommend repairing with the "replace parts 1by1 until its fixed" method. Load test the batts. Heres how if you dont have a load tester (you will need a voltmeter, cheap at hft.com). Put probes in charge recepticle, have a buddy monitor voltage, try to drive, look for voltages dropping below 40v when hiccup occurs.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
GTO 06
Gone Wild

Columbia

Sounds like the brushes in the motor are stuck and not making contact. I have had this happen on a couple of the Drives.
GTO 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Buggin Out
Not Yet Wild

What should I do GTO? Pull the motor? Any way to test before hand
Old 09-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
GTO 06
Gone Wild

Columbia

Just pull the motor and pull the case off of the motor.
GTO 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
hayduke
Not Yet Wild

Mine did that and was crap stuck under the floor messing with a switch. Cleaned it up and never had the problem again
hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha