lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club cart

I am not sure how the pedal starts are wired since I don't have one. From the blurry small wiring diagrams I found on the internet it looks like the limit switches break the negative side of the coil. The 12 off the key goes straight to the coil and then the pedal switch breaks the negative side. This would explain why you have 12v on both sides of the coil. A quick test would be to jumper the negative side of the coil to ground and see if it turns over. There might be another switch in there but I can't tell from the crappy drawings on the internet.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
crash test dummy

i have 94 cc gas diagram if it is correct .. also a 99 cc gas diagram that might help if 94 is not right

starter circuit

99 diagram
Old 09-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

The small blue wire should be 12V with key on. Orange wire is the ground. It should not be hot. Take orange wire off and ground that post and it should crank over.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the better drawing. I would say one of the limit switches is bad. Might be able to take it off and work it while you blow contact cleaner through it but switches are pretty cheap.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
sledfast
Not Yet Wild

I gave up!... just dropped cart off to a repair shop.. I will let everyone know what the diagnostics come in..
sledfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledfast View Post
I gave up!... just dropped cart off to a repair shop.. I will let everyone know what the diagnostics come in..
Sometimes you just have to give in! Hope it doesn't hit your pocket book too hard!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

the orange wire should turn to a ground when u press pedal down if no then u have a miswire or bad micro switch. happy hunting
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
sledfast
Not Yet Wild

Carts fixed, thanks to local repair shop... I had one of the wires off the micro switch on wrong post and was not grounding the new voltage regulator properly!.
should be good to go.. at least until kids break something again!..
thanks for all responses and help!
sledfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car