lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
MowingMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Loss of power after about 50 seconds from engine.

After about three months of sitting outside without protection, I decided to start using my cart again. After replacing the gas and oil, I turned it on, put it on F (forward) and it went nicely. Then after 1 minute it slowly lost power in 15 seconds and stopped. I tried to start it again, and when the gas pedal was depressed the fuel gauge went off, and let go of the gas petal and the fuel gauge came back off; dead battery. After spraying all wire connection points and jump starting the battery the cart, the same process happened shutting down. Although if I let it sit for a couple minutes, it started again without a charge and the same process happened shutting down. I'm not sure how to fix it and would like some help with trouble shooting the problem.

Club Car Carryall Turf 2 2001; NEW 12 volt battery.
MowingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loss of power after about 50 seconds from engine.

cart quits turning over or quits firing
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

best guess water in the carb from phase separation of ethanol in the gas absorbing water start with the carb by draining and cleaning , sounds crazy but stick you finger in the gas you drain from the carb then touch it to your tounge and you will taste the water in the gas (yes in know you should not do this and is not an acceptable method to check this and i am not recommending anyone do this) but its a quick check, and when you know theirs water in there you need to drain out all of the old gas and replace the fuel filters as gas will no longer pass through a watered filter
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
MowingMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart is running at full power, then sputters while losing power, then stops out of no where. After that I can go back (after just seconds) and work the power back up, and it loses the power again (after 30-50 seconds of running).
Old 10-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check to see if carb is overflowing?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Failing fuel pump or clogged filter or line? Will it run longer if just at idle? If so, it's starving for gas and I would do as stated above.
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
MowingMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It does go a bit longer at a slower speed. It is also stopping going up hills. I will try the carburetor on tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
MowingMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I replaced the fuel pump, fuel (93 OCT), new spark plugs, blew out the gas lines, replaced the carburetor altogether, new generator/ starter also, new belts, and battery within the last week but still the same problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car