lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Precedent top speed

What kind of speed are you precedent owners getting? I believe it has an 11hp kawasaki engine. With a lift, 23" tires and the governor adjusted or removed is it capable of reaching 30mph? I know the ezgo rxv has a 13hp kawasaki and I drove one today with 20" tires. I know they governor had at minimum been adjusted, maybe removed all together and it was FAST. Dont know the exact speed because I didn't have my gps with me but I was pleased with it. I'm looking to buy another cart but not sure which model I want. I really like the precedent.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent top speed

With the FE350 (11.5hp) and 23" tires, the max speed you'll get is around 25mh... safely!
If you try to push a stock engine further then that, you just may get shrapnel on your butt cheeks!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
beachcarter
Gone Wild

That's what concerns me. I'd like to be able to run closer to 30 mph. I know I can get that out of a ezgo rxv or a yamaha.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I get 32mph with my FE350 and 25" tires, and a few other do-dad's!
I can push my rpm's a bit more, but, I know where the limit is!

I'm not saying that it can't be done, I'm just saying that with everything "stock", (less tire size)
it's not advisable to try to reach 30mph without any other mods!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
beachcarter
Gone Wild

What mods have you done to reach 32mph?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would LOVE to be able to get 25MPH out of my Precedent Gas. What's the secret,
Lockman1?

Ours is a 2007, 6" lift, 23's, and all stock. It was 11MPH max before the lift, and is now 12MPH as it sits today.

If zip-tying the governor is recommended, where can I find VERY detailed instructions (with photo's)?
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

25" tires, CPP's Severe Duty drive belt, CPP's larger carb jet w/K&N air filter,
zip tied gov spring set at 4600 rpms or so (FE350 only!) w/disconnected limiter,
and CPP's timing advance key. (it doesn't help top speed, it just gets you there faster!)

When I bought my cart new, it came with an FE350, a 4" Z lift and 22's and it only ran about 14 mph,
My cart was originally set up as a hunting vehicle from Club Car, (Hence... Lynx, a lifted, more powerful DS),
The drive clutch is stock, but something tells me that the driven clutch, has a torque spring!
But, I think the biggest things that got me that speed was the 25" tires, (with an additional lift)
and the properly adjusted RPM zip tied governor spring...

After almost 7 years of a lot of reading, and following advice from people here at BGW,
I've learned how to get the max out of my cart for a minimal amount of money, and NOT blow it up!

Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
Boomer1031
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I get 17 mph on 96 club car with 6 " lift and 22" tires .No mods as of yet.I thought bout tweaking it a lil with the zip ties and so on but not as of yet.
Boomer1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car