lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Battery charging question

Recently purchased a 48v DPI charger but am waiting for it to arrive and I wanted to add my two batteries to my cart to make it 48v ( all batteries were purchased a month ago, except for two recent ones), if I hook them up in series I could charge the two new batteries separately to suffice until new charger arrives. I have a 2 amp charger but would I be better off buying a 12a charger to do the job quicker? I have some smart chargers at our local hardware store that say they are smart chargers which will shut off once battery is charged. Would this work? I believe they are designed for automotive use
Krevwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Battery charging question

yes that will work in a short term use
just make sure when they shut off they are at aprox 6.3v each, after rest
but do not charge the others with the two new batteries
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the feedback. When I get my new 48v charger would it be best to charge the 6 batteries to full capacity then my new 2 with my separate charger and run them all together and then start with the new charger at the end of the day? Or is the charger smart enough to notice A difference in charge and charge all 8 equally?
Krevwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
crash test dummy

no run it down to aprox 70% or 49.5v ... that will allow dpi charger to start with a good charge and pack should equalize with in 2~3 charges
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha