lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Cruiser DSH
Not Yet Wild

Default G19E Throttle Sensor

Hi All,

I have acquired a semi-functional G19. It functions well but has the seemingly common issue of a jerky start....no throttle response until pedal half depressed, and then takes off like a scared cat. Often, it also requires a few pumps of the pedal before it goes.

I tested my throttle sensor and it functions normally except the resistance is from 0 to 8k, not the proper 0 to 5k.

Could this cause the starting issues? What effect would this extra resistance have on the cart?

My next steps will be to look at the speed sensor and figure out what it does.
Cruiser DSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G19E Throttle Sensor

You have a problem in the throttle wiring, throttle sensor, or connections (or faulty meter). In my experience, if anything, the throttle will be a little low (~4700 ohms at full throttle). Has the linkage from the pedal to the sensor been monkeyd with? I do believe that this throttle issue is the root of your problems.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Cruiser DSH
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the insight!

The only monkey business I've seen from the PO is a hotwired keyswitch lead and removed backup beeper. I've replaced the keyswitch. Everything looks pretty stock on the sensor, actuators, no damage on the wires or connector. Tested it w a second meter and numbers were the same, 175 to 8500.

When the shaft is turned, I can feel is a slight jitteriness. I think I'll try and cut open the sensor and see if contact plates are dirty...that could maybe be elevating the resistance. New units are pretty pricey.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I suppose you could make your own throttle sensor with a 0-5k potentiometer. Use at your own risk,, It is your throttle were talking about.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Cruiser DSH
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved...I just temporarily wired in a 0-5k pot and ran it by hand. Consistent and smooth starts!

Now to find a proper replacement pot to replace my hand throttle.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

The replacment pot for a Curtis PB-6 ($50) could be made to work, but, none of the pots i have found have the keyed and threaded design style that the original yamaha sensor has. The original sensor is at or more than $100.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha