lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Which is which

and i'd trade a gasser for anything sparky
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #12
reinman88
Gone Wild

Well I'm not thinking it is going to be stock by the time the trade is done. The workhorse is worth more then the stock cart. At least it is to me.

But you start looking at a bed on the back, a lift, bigger tires and rims, and it seems to me we have room to negotiate.

As for the gas sparky debate. It's hard to say one way or the other. I've only had gas up to this point. At least that's what my ex always complained about.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
reinman88
Gone Wild

Wanted to thank everyone for helping me out with the info. Looks like I've made my trade and am going from gas to electric.

I traded my 99 workhorse that's seen in my avatar. Well it does have a gunrack and front bumper on it now.

I'm getting a 2008 Yamaha. It comes with 4 12 volt 2014 Trojan batteries. I'm having a hitch put on the back, and a box is being added. It will be lifted with I believe I was told an arm lift, and the 22-10-10 tires from my cart will be put on this cart. He's going to replace the #6 cables with #4. It will be set up for 19 mph. And it will be delivered to my house next week.

The cart was going to come with 2012 batteries, but I wanted 2014, so in the end I'm kicking in $250.

All in all I felt pretty good on the deal.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #14
Sevin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good move with the fresh batteries. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

What's the advantage of the 4 vs 6 gauge wiring. I know the amperage capacity is different but is there a discernible difference with a stock controller?
Sevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
reinman88
Gone Wild

Not sure if there is an advantage or not. Someone with more electric experience will have to answer that. But I've read quite a few times 4 gauge is better so I asked and he offered to make the change.

My gas cart needed a coil, the carb cleaned, he picked up and was going to deliver it back, so I figured it was going to cost me about $250 to get my cart back. So I didn't think it was bad to spend the same money and get what I got.

Best part is now I can sneak up on those deer.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #16
reinman88
Gone Wild

Well got the trade done and cart delivered. So I've officially gone from gas to electric. Guess next thing will be to change my picture.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #17
crash test dummy

Old 05-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #18
reinman88
Gone Wild

Initially he left me the wrong charger. So I took the one I had back to him to get the right one. It was a pleasant surprise to lug this heavy monster in, and get back one that didn't weigh nearly as much.

It is suppose to have new batteries, but I put the charger on anyway. Wasn't sure how long they'd sat on the shelf. Orange light came on, and after an hour or so the green light blinked telling me it was done.

So what's the difference in this, much smaller much lighter charger. When I plugged it in I didn't hear any humming or anything. But then I was in an outside building with the wind blowing pretty good and the door open, so maybe it has a real quiet hum.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Post pic of charger. You would have been better off with the 'ol heavy one (more reliable). The new "flat" shape (looks like a tiny quansit hut) chargers suck, and will die. When it does, replace it with a DPI.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #20
reinman88
Gone Wild

It is the flat one. The bigger one had the 2 prong plug which wouldn't fit. the newer one has the 3 prong plug.

We'll see how long it lasts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha