lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2014, 04:04 AM   #11
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 G29 Drive 48v charger dead after storm

My new on-board charger is scheduled to arrive today, but it won't work with the 4-12v batteries that are in the cart right now.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I dried the charger thoroughly with a heat gun till the circuit board was very warm. Tested charger and it worked again. My day is finally looking up.
Recently my Fluke DMM got caught out in the rain while working on the pontoon and sure enough it started behaving poorly. Took the unit apart and stuck the circuit board in a bowl of rice and the unit was good to go a couple days later.... Also washed & dried a brand new 64 gig USB pocket drive so I set it aside and tested it later; yup it worked.... Not the first time I've washed a USB flash drive and depending on brand they usually will forgive ya at least once.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

GFI trips when there is even a couple mA of leakage - difference in current between hot wire and the neutral. If it was wet, you had a leakage to the ground wire and that was tripping the GFI. Once you dried it out, that leakage went away.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
GFI trips when there is even a couple mA of leakage - difference in current between hot wire and the neutral. If it was wet, you had a leakage to the ground wire and that was tripping the GFI. Once you dried it out, that leakage went away.
That's good to know. Thanks.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #15
golfdonwon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Is a GFCI sufficient or should I have a surge protector for my charger? If I need a surge protector what would the criteria be for a good one? Thanks
golfdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha