lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: help plse, no fwd....too fast reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky2weld View Post
Switch and old vglide bad, so i was told my son.replaced them. I am old grandpa trying to pick up the pieces.

I do believe new switch it three lug. Will move black to #3 lug and see how that helps. What should i do additionally with with three lug switch? Just trying to make grandkids happy
I'm a grandpa too. I know where you're coming from.

A 3-tap micro can easily be miss-connected in the heat of battle. Also it can be used to replace any of your micro switches (taking care to connect to N/O normally open and C common when use on the FnR SW). I keep a spare for that reason.

To keep the trouble-shooting as linear as possible, I'll defer to Sergio. When it comes to electronics he's way above my pay grade and he's on the scent trail.

Welcome to BGW. The natives are friendly
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
sparky2weld
Not Yet Wild

Moved black to number 3 white to 1, no soap. Same issue, no fwd super fast in reverse. I wonder if the three lug switch is wired wrong. We did not change anything on it, used it ad it came. Do we need to change the connectors on the lugs? Sorry to ask all these questions. Thanks
sparky2weld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are all (or any) resistors installed in the VGlide?

You should be able to put your meter set to 20kΩ between Post #1 and Post #3 and as You press the Pedal it should go from 0 to around 5kΩ?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #14
sparky2weld
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Are all (or any) resistors installed in the VGlide?

You should be able to put your meter set to 20kΩ between Post #1 and Post #3 and as You press the Pedal it should go from 0 to around 5kΩ?
Boy are we learning by the hour. I never even checked to confirm resistors were in the v glide. Just assumed it came equiped. Was my son suppose to transfer them from old v glide or do they normally come with a new one? I guess that question will be answered tomorrow when I tear back into it with the meter. Now that I think about it I do NOT remember seeing any, good catch. Until tomorrow and thanks for posting, you been a huge help.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #15
sparky2weld
Not Yet Wild

Sergio, did not put a meter to it yet, will do that this afternoon, but I did check this am (just now) and DID NOT see any resistors per the diagram you posted. I know there are none on the slide side because I had that opened to examine the micro. Probably futile with the meter, but I will do that this PM. Got to make a run shortly.

I can see how no resistors would permit wide open speed in any direction, just a little puzzled why it will not move at all in fwd, only when number 3 micro is manually closed, and then it is wide open fwd as well. Until this PM when I check with a meter.......many thanks for your time
Old 12-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't worry about putting the meter to the VGlide until after you install the resistors.

You should do it aftwerwards to make sure the resistors are installed correctly.

Also, the resistors are not all the same value, so replace one at the time in the same position they are currently installed.

The VGlide has a gradual change on the begning of the pedal travel (smaller resistor values) for better slow speed control.

As for why it is behaving that way:

The 2 wire VGlide varies in resistance from 0Ω at Pedal up to about 5kΩ at Pedal down.

When The cart is on Forward, micro switch #3 is open, so no current path that way. Since You have no resistors in the VGlide, no current path that way either, so the cart will not move.

When the cart is on Reverse, micro switch #3 closes and a 3.9kΩ resistor is placed in parallel with the VGlide.

Normally that would bring the resistance value at Pedal down to 2.2kΩ (ohms law 5kΩ and 3.9kΩ resistances in parallel) or about 50% power.

Because your VGlide has no resistors, the only current path is micro switch #3, so the resistance is actually 3.9kΩ, or about 80% power.

Since You mentioned grandkids, If you replace micro switch #3 with a simple On/Off switch mounted somewhere, You can make the cart go at half-speed Forward or Reverse (for kids) by just turning the switch ON.

If the switch is OFF, You would have Full speed at Forward or Reverse (Adults driving).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The proper F&R micro switch wire locations are marked on this install diagram - hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC HD F&R instruction.jpg (113.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Scotty, he has a 94 cart.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Scotty, he has a 94 cart.
Yes?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
sparky2weld
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Don't worry about putting the meter to the VGlide until after you install the resistors.

You should do it aftwerwards to make sure the resistors are installed correctly.

Also, the resistors are not all the same value, so replace one at the time in the same position they are currently installed.

The VGlide has a gradual change on the begning of the pedal travel (smaller resistor values) for better slow speed control.

As for why it is behaving that way:

The 2 wire VGlide varies in resistance from 0Ω at Pedal up to about 5kΩ at Pedal down.

When The cart is on Forward, micro switch #3 is open, so no current path that way. Since You have no resistors in the VGlide, no current path that way either, so the cart will not move.

When the cart is on Reverse, micro switch #3 closes and a 3.9kΩ resistor is placed in parallel with the VGlide.

Normally that would bring the resistance value at Pedal down to 2.2kΩ (ohms law 5kΩ and 3.9kΩ resistances in parallel) or about 50% power.

Because your VGlide has no resistors, the only current path is micro switch #3, so the resistance is actually 3.9kΩ, or about 80% power.

Since You mentioned grandkids, If you replace micro switch #3 with a simple On/Off switch mounted somewhere, You can make the cart go at half-speed Forward or Reverse (for kids) by just turning the switch ON.

If the switch is OFF, You would have Full speed at Forward or Reverse (Adults driving).
Sergio, you have been a huge help. I think I have it, now I need to root out the old vglide and resistors. I did not change it out so I will have to check with the kids and family. Thanks again, more later and be in touch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car