lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 09 48v yamaha battery probs. or not?

First of all I am a newb. I have searched for and found one possible problem (bad batteries). I am looking to buy this cart online. The cart appears to be in good condition otherwise. Lightly used and clean.
The owner says that the batteries won't stay charged for long at all. Almost immediately. They are less than two years old. He is already charging them one at a time because the yamaha charger won't charge untill at 50% or more.
I am wondering if it is bad batteries and need replaced or could it be something else more simple and less costly or bad batteries and something else also.
I don't know if yamaha made 1 or 2 or 3etc... models in 09 in a 48v and I don't know what this one is. I'm sure yall do. I don't have any numbers on it. I feel like it will be a good deal I am just trying to stay in a budget. It has almost everything I want on it already.
I know very little about these animals and need someone to dumb it down for me.
Thanks
volley_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 09 48v yamaha battery probs. or not?

Something is wrong if they died in 2 years. Maybe they are out of water? Anyway, you will have to factor in a new set in your deal.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:11 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The oem charger was not awesome either (seems to be a recurring trend in all new carts). Only "golf oriented" model Yamaha made during that year was "the Drive", other names for it are "YDRE" or "G29e". If you buy it, plan on getting a set of batteries (T-875 trojan is a upgrade to the common T-1275), and a DPI charger. I will add, looks like they made their best effort to revive the junk batteries, to pass the fun on to you with the "like-new, 2 yr old batteries". The batteries should last around 4-5 years, with good care and normal use.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cgtech, are you saying its better to have 6-8 volts vs 4-12 volts? What do you have to do to change that up? Just a couple more jump wires and batts? The owner said that the 2 cells closest to the conections on each end of the series had less water in them than the rest. I dont know if that means anything or not. Said that kids were out riding rig hard one night and after they came back that night the batts never charged right again. He bought the cart from darts carts in jackson tn less than 2 yrs ago and they put in bew batts then. All was good till this spring when the daughter went 4 wheeln.
Thanks guys for your replies....
Old 09-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #5
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

cgtech. I see what you're talking about with the 8 volts. Im gonna stick with the 12s for now I guess. I'm hoping the issue is only the batteries. I will find out today.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #6
plumber802
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I know this doesn't contribute to the thread but I always expect stuff to come back in worse shape than when it went out when I let the kids use it... because "kids will be kids".Hope you get it figured out.Please come back and post your fix.
plumber802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha