lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Davey11A
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV lacks power???

I have owned this cart since it was 2 months old, right of a course here in California. Used it on the street where we lived, never any problems. Moved to a ranch property that is hilly, and it worked pretty good on the dirt/gravel
roads for two years. Decided it was time for a lift kit and 23" tires. Installed
a Jake's Long Travel Kit and the wheels and tires. Nice upgrade! Now the cart lacks power/torque. I knew the batteries were on their last leg as they were the original Trojans. Replaced all four with US Batteries after reading about Trojan issues. The charger gets them up to 53 volts without a problem. Now the cart will not climb hills that were a non issue before, it tries to climb but just stops without tire spin. Wait a little while and try again...same thing.
Full throttle and NO FORWARD MOTION?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Davey11A is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV lacks power???

You probably need a high current controller. = $1300.00
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
Davey11A
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was afraid of that!
Has anyone done this upgrade/conversion? If you have, what controller/motor
did you go with?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #4
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately your options are limited....Like VERY limited. Since this RXV is AC 3 phase and all digital you have to use the only other controller that EZgo has to offer (unless you basically gut the cart and start from scratch), it gives another 115 amps and is supposed to greatly increase torque. I cant find anyone that has actually done the upgrade but am probably going to do it myself sometime in the next year. See my post on it below.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"cant find anyone who has 'Actually' done the upgrade"?? Since this is a Danaher controller, have someone with the Danaher handheld programmer set the "Acceleration" setting to "high". This will help some. The AC system stock doesnt have a ton of "tire-spinning" torque at zero rpm, but acceleration setting will speed up how quickly the controller applies max current to get it going. Which will feel like more torque. The stock controller is not great at getting a rxv with big tires moving when parked on a incline. BTW, what is the highest voltage seen while on charge, before the charger shuts off?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #6
Davey11A
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies!
The highest voltage is a little over 53 volts.
A local shop has a Curtis 1238E controller (650 amps) and a new motor that they will be installing on a custom build. It will be their first. I will post results from their install when available. Does anyone know how far you can push the stock motor with an upgraded controller before the motor smokes? If I am going to replace the controller and then the motor I would want to do both at the same time. Just want to make sure I am getting the right parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO