lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
NOLAGo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default F/R Switch Location

Is there any reason why the forward/reverse switch has to be mounted on the side pan of the TXT? I was looking at it today and I'm thinking about mounting it directly behind the lever and removing the linkage bar. Has anyone done this and does it create problems I'm not thinking of? Obviously the wires would have to be longer, but I'm rewiring everything anyway.
Thanks
NOLAGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: F/R Switch Location

Ghee.....I no longer have the F\R switch on my TXT cart as I've upgraded to a Super Duty (Dody? Dudey?) Contactor from ScottyB so all of my linkage is now sitting in the dump.

But the only thing I could possibly think of would be if is there any leverage that would be provided by the linkage. You know.....is the linkage on the F\R switch bent longer\shorter than the linkage at the switch handle? If so....(and I'm no engineer...'cause if I were, more Darn's would break and more power outages would occur ) .....would that make it easier to move the F\R switch?? I dunno.....but maybe the engineering guys who know leverage would know.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAGo View Post
Is there any reason why the forward/reverse switch has to be mounted on the side pan of the TXT? I was looking at it today and I'm thinking about mounting it directly behind the lever and removing the linkage bar. Has anyone done this and does it create problems I'm not thinking of? Obviously the wires would have to be longer, but I'm rewiring everything anyway.
Thanks
one thing would be what Dave mentioned above about the leverage, the other thing would be the ROOM. I'd have to measure it, but there sure isn't much room between the body and the batteries. AND you may need to make a pedestal for it to sit on to match up with the levers hole.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The Marathon worked fine in the config you are suggesting, leverage isnt the problem, nor is a bracket to mount it (also Marathon). The problem is the "middle front" battery is in the way, in the end, i dont think its gonna fit well (if it fits, it will be subject to battery acid & any crud that is washed off the batteries).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #5
NOLAGo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. Just a though while i was putting everything back together. I'll probably leave well enough alone. Somebody sent the time to engineer it like that for a reason I guess?
NOLAGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:33 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The "new" battery tray & location does not allow room for the f&r to be at your "right knee" l like it was before, thats why it was relocated to the "empty spot" where it is with the linkage.. It wasnt to "ease the user experience", but to "get it out of the way".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO