lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
reb0957
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery question

This may sound completely stupid, I know I iwll be limited to what is on hand locally but
1. Are some batteries better for a particular climate? For instance I live in Louisiana. SO do some batteries handle the cold better or the heat?
2. Cart will only be used to play golf. 1 round mostly 2 back to back on rare occasions. Flat course no hills. Other than Amp Hours does this change anything?
3. I have a Power wise charger. Do some batteries prefer this charger over other batteries?
4. Anything I should be looking for in particular for my cart and needs?

07 TXT 36 Volt Non PDS
reb0957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery question

1. Not that I know of. Deep-cycle Lead-Acid batteries live longer in cooler climates, but perform better in warmer climates. Their lifespan and performance are rated at 80°F, so when the temperature is above 80, your cart will be livelier and travel further on a single charge, but the batteries will have to be replaced sooner. When below 80, the opposite is true.

2. You are using the cart for its designed purpose and operating it within the design limitations, so you can stay more or less stock. If want to install taller tires, or a rear seat, or want to go faster, you'll need to change some things.

3. Powerwise made several chargers. If you have the Model 28115 pictured below, it is designed to charge Trojan batteries and their clones. If you have a Powerwise-QE, it's destiny is shown below.

4. Unless they have been upgraded already, the high current cables need to be replaced. All 13 of them should be 4Ga or thicker.

Since you don't use your cart much, a battery charger that float charges after the regular charge cycle finishes would keep your batteries fully charged instead of letting them self-discharge between uses. The DPI Accusense is the best bang for the buck.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO