lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #1
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor upgrade

Found out my motor is going out. Looking at high performance motor, can I run a motor that is rated for 400 amp with my stock 300 for a year then upgrade the controller to match next year? I could see if you feed a 300 amp motor with a 400 controller that would be bad. Just want to be sure of my options.
Boilermaker57201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor upgrade

Motors tend to be rated in kW or HP rather than amps, but you can run a high power motor with a low power controller. Of course, you won't get the optimal performance from it.

Please be aware there are many factors that must be taken into consideration when choosing a motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor upgrade

300 amp control is basically a stock control. This limits the size and needs of the motor you can run.
There are a few motors out there for a little more speed. you can run with the stock control. Plum Quik will refurbish your stock motor for a very reason price.

If you really want a big motor later. Refurb the stock motor now & save up for a bigger speed control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO